How Long Left 4+
Count down calendar events
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
How Long Left is a simple app that helps you manage your time by displaying the time remaining of current calendar events.
It also includes a Today Widget, Siri integration, and an Apple Watch app, time remaining notifications, and more.
There is also an Apple Watch complication that, with an in-app purchase, can display a countdown for current and upcoming events.
Version 2.0 brings some significant changes to How Long Left for iOS. Here's what's new:
- The Current Events View has been redesigned. It's more compact now, and in general, looks much nicer.
- You can now tap or long press on an event to open the Event Info View, which displays information about the event, including following occurrences of repeating events.
- Added the option to show All-Day events, either everywhere or only in upcoming events.
- Added the ability to create custom notification triggers for you events.
- Support for iOS 13's native dark mode.
- Improved how How Long Left stores your events.
- Redesigned the Siri and Widget view.
- More minor new features.
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements.
The watchOS version of How Long Left has also been updated to v2.0 as well. Here's what's new.
- You can now change your preferences from the watch app by force-touching the display and tapping the settings button.
- Tweaked many UI elements.
- Resolved various issues with slow launching and lag.
Thanks for using How Long Left!
Ratings and Reviews
This the app I always dreamed of having since transitioning to full time remote work in a leadership position (with lots of meetings). So much so that I was going to build myself before doing one more search through the App Store and finding this one.
The only thing missing is a Home Screen widget so that you can see your upcoming events at a glance and know how much time until the next event. That would easily bump this already great app to 5/5.
You read my mind
I balance full-time and freelance work in a couple different fields, and I like to use the calendar to divide my day into blocks of time that keep me focused on deadline and prevent me from losing track of my whole day on one thing. When I got my first Apple Watch last fall, I looked everywhere for a complication that simply counted down to my next event or counted down the time left in my current event. The only one that came close was Fantastical, but it only did what I was looking for some of the time (depending on the proximity of what I had on my schedule, with no way for me to adjust that), so I was left only partially satisfied.
This one, though, is *exactly* what I’ve wanted. The iOS app seems perfectly sufficient at simply and elegantly displaying the same information, but the watch complication is what I was really after, and it’s the easiest IAP I’ve ever made. The way it handles both upcoming and in-progress events is perfect. Thank you for reading my mind.
(And no, I don’t know the developer even though this reads a little on the shill side. I’m just really delighted by this is all.)
This app works perfectly as advertised and is great for giving my a light at the end of the tunnel for my long hospital shifts. It just wish there was a way to add a custom event for, say, a much needed vacation coming up in six months to help me visual how close I’m getting to that event.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ryan Kontos
- 45.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Ryan Kontos
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Watch Complication $2.99
- How Long Left Widget $1.99