Audio/Video Control and Home Automation seamlessly brought together. Control TVs, set top boxes, receivers, lights, thermostats, and more from a single integrated dashboard.
Multiple Winner of the CEA Home Technology App of the Year Award!
SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED: This app requires an active subscription. Free trial subscriptions are offered. Prior purchase of Simple Service is recognized by this app.
INFRARED ADAPTERS: Some old devices may not be controlled directly via Wi-Fi and require an adapter for infrared control. Check roomieremote.com/check-compatibility to determine whether any of your devices need an adapter.
A previous version of this app was titled Simple Control, this major new release returns to our original name and focus on home users.
• The Leader in AV and Home IP Control: Directly control all popular AV and Home devices including all major televisions, Apple TV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• Control All Major Televisions: Direct integration with televisions from LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, TCL, and more including app control and guides.
• HomeKit: The only app that provides control of your entire home including HomeKit accessories, seamlessly blending home control with audio/video control.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 400,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial control automatically organized into easy to use activities.
• Siri Voice Control, Siri Shortcuts support, and Amazon Alexa Voice Control
• Sonos: Runs your entire Sonos system. Group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings and control Sonos services.
• Macros+Automation: Sequence precise control over your devices.
• Receivers: Integrates with popular receivers from Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz, and more including receiver streaming systems such as HEOS and MusicCast.
• Lighting and Thermostats: Ecobee, Lutron, Honeywell, SmartThings, Philips Hue, Vera, Insteon, WeMo
• TV Guides: Personalized TV listings for 34 countries. Detailed episode, season, and cast information.
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Media Guides: Content guides for Kodi, Plex, Sonos, Kaleidescape, HEOS, and more
• Cameras: Watch Arlo, Ring, HomeKit, RTSP, or other ONVIF cameras
• Live TV: Watch Live TV with HDHomeRun
• Synchronization of your home configuration across multiple iOS devices
• Configuration sharing with other family members
• Automation: Time or device events can execute command sequences such as turning on lights when a SmartThings motion detector trips, or shutting everything down at night.
• iCloud Drive Backup/Restore
• Widget for quick access to controls
Choose a subscription level based on number of devices controlled:
8 Devices — Control up to 8 devices, 1 room, 1 home: $6.99/3 months
24 Devices – Control up to 24 devices, 5 rooms, 1 home: $49.99/year
Unlimited Devices – Control unlimited devices, rooms, and homes: $69.99/year
Unlimited Perpetual: A non-subscription option for perpetual control of unlimited devices for the life of this app: $149.99
* An always-on controller is required for some features such as Amazon Alexa Voice Control. For instance, a dedicated iPad or iPhone could be used that doubles as the remote for your Living Room. The always-on controller can also be the macOS edition of this app. Note that Siri control does not require an always-on device.
Ratings and Reviews
Best App for A/V Remote Control
If you are looking for a way to fully control your home’s A/V devices, this is it. Easy to program and setup all your devices in every room of your house. Once setup you can put all your remote controls away and control your home with your iOS devices or with the new Roomie Remote for macOS.
In addition to controlling all your Audio and Video devices you can also control your HomeKit accessories, your Smart Thermostats, and much more.
If you are a DIY type of person, I highly recommend this App.
Easy to use
Great app. Easy to use and powerful
Version 6 seems to be the worst!! A lot of issues and don’t even try to contact support unless you’re looking for the worst customer support experience you will ever have! Wish I had options for an all in one remote, I would jump in a heartbeat!
- Roomie Remote, Inc
- 55.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Roomie Remote, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Roomie Service 8 Quarterly $6.99
- Roomie Service 24 Annual $49.99
- Roomie Service Unlimited $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.