Audio/Video Control and Home Automation seamlessly brought together. Control TVs, set top boxes, receivers, lights, thermostats, and more from a single integrated dashboard.
Multiple Winner of the CEA Home Technology App of the Year Award!
SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED: This app requires an active subscription. Free trial subscriptions are offered.
INFRARED ADAPTERS: Some old devices may not be controlled directly via Wi-Fi and require an adapter for infrared control. Check roomieremote.com/check-compatibility to determine whether any of your devices need an adapter.
• The Leader in AV and Home IP Control: Directly control all popular AV and Home devices including all major televisions, Apple TV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• Control All Major Televisions: Direct integration with televisions from LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, TCL, and more including app control and guides.
• HomeKit: The only app that provides control of your entire home including HomeKit accessories, seamlessly blending home control with audio/video control.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 400,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial control automatically organized into easy to use activities.
• Siri Voice Control and Siri Shortcuts support
• Amazon Alexa Voice Control
• Full intercom-style video conferencing, instantly connect with video to any active Roomie in your home, even remotely!
• Sonos: Run your entire Sonos system, group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings
• Sonos Announcements: Send recorded announcements to Sonos speakers
• Receivers: Integrates with popular receivers from Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz, and more including receiver streaming systems such as HEOS and MusicCast.
• Lighting and Thermostats: Ecobee, Lutron, Honeywell, SmartThings, Philips Hue, Vera, Insteon, WeMo.
• TV Guides: Personalized TV listings for most of the Americas and Europe. Detailed episode, season, and cast information. Check website for country-level support details.
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Media Guides: Content guides for Kodi, Plex, Sonos, Kaleidescape, HEOS, and many more
• Cameras: Monitor Arlo, Ring, HomeKit, RTSP, and other ONVIF cameras
• Harmony hardbutton remote synchronization
• Live TV: Watch Live TV with HDHomeRun
• Instant synchronization of your home configuration across multiple iOS devices
• Configuration sharing with other family members and guests
• Macros: Sequence precise control over your devices
• Automation: Time or device events can execute command sequences such as turning on lights when a SmartThings motion detector trips, or shutting everything down at night.
• iCloud Drive Backup/Restore
• Widget for quick access to controls
Choose a subscription level based on number of devices controlled:
8 Devices/3 months — Control up to 8 devices, 1 room, 1 home
24 Devices/year – Control up to 24 devices, 5 rooms, 1 home
Unlimited Devices/year – Control unlimited devices, rooms, and homes. Includes Intercomm
Unlimited Perpetual: A non-subscription option is also available for perpetual Unlimited Devices.
Intercomm video intercom and Sonos announcement features require Unlimited Device Plan or Unlimited Perpetual. Intercomm features are also available as a separate app.
* An always-on controller is required for some features such as Amazon Alexa Voice Control. For instance, a dedicated iPad or iPhone could be used that doubles as the remote for your Living Room. The always-on controller can also be the macOS or Apple TV edition of this app. Note that Siri control does not require an always-on device.
* iOS Compatibility: Critical update for compatibility with future iOS releases. [6.7]
* Introducing Intercomm. Full intercom-style video conferencing, instantly connect with video or audio-only to any active Roomie in your home, or all of them at once. Tap the new Intercomm button on the Homebar to try it!
* Intercomm also records Announcements to play on your Sonos speakers – make sure to Add a Sonos Cloud Device to activate this feature. Any previously playing content is reduced in volume during announcements. Even works remotely!
* Intercomm requires the Unlimited level of Roomie Service, and will also be available as a separate app.
* Intercomm now supports remote and offline intercom calls. [6.7]
* Trinnov Altitude/JBL Synthesis pre-amp feedback support, add manually on port 44100. [6.7]
* Revamped keyboard commands. Command key is no longer required. Hold down Command to show the discoverability panel listing all keyboard commands available in Activities. [6.7]
* Siri: Set Room Volume is now configurable to prompt for the desired volume when executing the action. The Rooms panel for each room now provides Set Room Volume for Add to Siri. [6.7]
* HomeKit Video Doorbells such as the Logitech Circle View Doorbell are now supported. [6.7]
* Homebar: Localize temperature sensors based on system localization settings. [6.7]
* ActionPanel: Pinching an Action Panel now opens the Gesture Panel. [6.7]
* ActionPanel: Removed Context Menu to open Gesture Panel. Added standard Action Panel button to open Gesture Panel. [6.7]
* Custom Code Set Editor: An editor to create, import, and export custom device code sets right inside the app has been added. [6.5]
* Diagnostic Logging: Zooming the screen (two finger gesture zoom out just like Photos) now opens a detailed live log for advanced diagnosis. [6.5]
* Plex Media Guide is now the media guide for nVidia Shield activities if a Plex Media Player is running on the Shield. Because Plex Media Player’s control functionality on Shield is still not finished subsequent to Plex’s new video player, set the Shield as the Primary Device for the Activity and the Media Guide will continue to work for Plex there. Edit Shield activities to choose your Plex Media Server and change the Primary Device to the Shield. Ensure the PMP device from auto-discovery remains in your configuration. [6.5]
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great - beware though . . . Read on
I have multiple ratings for this app. Functionality=5. V6 Roomie Remote is much easier to setup than Simple Control. If you are slightly ‘techie’ you’ll find it easy to setup. We have three rooms and less than 24 devices. It works very well. Our annual pricing is $50, I think that’s reasonable. Support=2/3. The developer makes it clear on their site, and in the app, that reports are only for bugs. Support on those – well – laborious communications – frustrating. I might have given it a 3 – but, they don’t offer any support if you encounter an issue that is not a bug. Their answer – go find an installer! WTH – I called a friend who is an installer – he said he heard of it – doesn’t support it – good luck. The whole idea, or it’s implied, behind the app is so a user can do it themselves. For a subscription fee I think you should get support. NEVER again will I upgrade to their next major revision – without time passing for them to correct bugs. V6 converted my v5 configuration – and it didn’t do well – many duplicate rooms (total of ~30) and worse yet – I could not update any of the activities that were in the original rooms. Based on bug emails – may have been a bug in 6.03 – corrected in 6.04. They kept recommending I could use a “known good backup.” Well. I created new rooms – it’s working – letting it alone for now. All that said I still recommend this app – best app out there. Next best IMO – Harmony – expensive.
Simple, beautiful interface for integrating multiple systems
I’ve gone back and forth for a long time to try to find a good looking interface for controlling g everything around the home. There are systems that do it well, like control 4 and Savant, but those are really expensive and I don’t want to hire an integrator. There are completely DIY options like Home Assistant that just don’t look as good. Roomie Remote is a great balance between those two extremes.
I just hope the folks at Roomie Remote continue to invest in the platform by adding new integrations and options. I haven’t needed tech support or requested it but I do hope they recognize that their true market is likely tech saavy folks that don’t want to hire an integrator. Users might need a little guidance and assistant from time to time getting everything set up properly and it would really help the platform get adopted if they invested in providing some tech support to users beyond bug reports.
I’m in the process of getting a ton more Apple gear and iPort mounts so I can roll this out all over my house. Since the app is so configurable, I’m sure I’ll find more ways to integrate new stuff and make it even more useful over time!
The easiest remote app to configure
Roomie is by far the fastest to add devices, rooms, and configure complex systems. The ease of adding your av gear, lighting, garage doors, thermostats, etc and actually be able to depend on it working almost all the time is it’s biggest feature. Preconfigured device screens (and available customization) allow you to setup a new room or activity very quickly rather than apps that require you to design the ui and arrange buttons on the screen. I’m a programmer and I can do that work, but I get more out of my system using Roomie because I can do more faster. There will be the occasional technical issue with any solution but overall our uptime has been almost perfect. And the price is very reasonable. It is a diy solution so be prepared to dig in to get the most out of it but for functionality day to day it absolutely can not be beat.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Roomie Remote, Inc
- 51.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Roomie Remote, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Roomie Service 24 Annual $49.99
- Roomie Service 8 Quarterly $9.99
- Roomie Service Unlimited $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.