• Take Apple Music to the next level by combining your favourite playlists into automatically updating mega-mixes. Simply tap the playlists you want to include (or exclude). Duplicate songs are removed automatically.
• Use rules to quickly filter out unwanted tracks (like sleep sounds).
• Combine rules to create interesting dynamic mixes, like a list of all your "loved" songs. Or songs you've never played before. Or "songs rated 4 stars and higher that haven't been played in the last 2 months." The only limit is your imagination.
• Easily navigate large playlists with advanced features: search for songs within lists, group songs by artist/album/etc, and sort lists 14 different ways.
• Works with your Apple Music automatically. Begin playback in Miximum and continue seamlessly in Music.app. Sync mixes across your devices. Completely ad-free.
• Include songs that are part of your library.
• Include songs that are NOT part of your library.
Ratings and Reviews
Best way to make smart playlists
There are really two apps that can make customized playlists from your Apple Music or iCloud Music Match Library: Miximum and SmartPlaylist. Miximum has a nicer interface. SmartPlaylist has more options but Miximum has the important ones and you’ll find the developer happy to add more filters if you can make a good case for one. There is one factor that really puts Miximum over the top between the two. By leveraging already existing playlists, you can make basic smart playlists back in iTunes on your computer and use Miximum to build the combinations you want while on the go. iTunes on your computer also has the option to check or uncheck songs which can be part of your iTunes smart playlist filters. The SmartPlaylist app only selects songs out of your entire library instead of from existing playlists like Miximum does. Apple does not offer remote access to the checked attribute which puts SmartPlaylist at a disadvantage since even unchecked songs could end up in their playlists. You won’t have the same problem with Miximum.
My favorite app
I have a playlist with 1,200 songs I’ve worked on building and regularly refreshed over the last year. It seemed like no matter how much work was put into the playlist I was listening to the same songs repeatedly...
Enter Miximum the perfectly simple app with tons of complications. I can easily sort the playlist or make a mix from the playlist using least played as the rule and it constantly updates the mix so that the most played stuff is buried or in this case not shown in the mix. Instant play list bliss, the perfect companion!
After spending time just playing with their mix rules I’ve built several new mixes that I love and easily expand my listening library. It’s one of those things that the more you use it the more amazed you’ll get with just what can be achieved on a smart playlist from your phone. Tweaking these mixes gives satisfying results without ever feeling too complicated or burdensome.
I don’t want to ever live without the features this app provides. It gives the sort of options that honestly should have been provided by Apple Music on the iOS.
Best mix creation app in the game!!
I first have to say that I almost never go out of my way to write a review unless I really stand by the product. This is definitely an app that everyone should be using. Especially if you’re like me and enjoy coming up with different angles to mixing music together. What Miximum is able to do is something I’ve always wanted on my phone. Being able to create random mixes on the fly with so many rules to customize its outcome is really a beautiful thing. Mike is clearly putting a lot of work into this app. So thanks for putting Miximum out there! It’s a game changer!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mike Clay
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- 2019–2021 © Michael Clay
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.