Watchsmith lets you personalize your Apple Watch like never before.
It starts with a wide collection of highly customizable complications, which range in function from date, to weather, to astronomy. Each can be adjusted precisely to best fit your desired function and appearance.
This set of complications can then be dynamically scheduled to appear on your watch face following rules you define. For example, a particular complication slot could show the weather first thing in the morning, then your calendar during your work day, then switch to your Activity ring progress as you wrap up your day. This lets you take full advantage of each slot on your watch face without the need to constantly switch back and forth between faces.
The Apple Watch app itself also includes a wide collection of tools and functions, such as a weather app, a workout app, a timezone converter, games and a calendar. Watchsmith provides one tap access to what you need, right when you need it.
• Watchsmith is intended for use with a paired Apple Watch, which is where your configured complications will be displayed. It requires watchOS 7.
• Watchsmith optionally integrates with Apple Health. This data is used during workouts to display your workout metrics, to show a summary of your daily heart rate date, and your activity. Permission for Watchsmith to access this data is controlled through the Apple Health app.
• Watchsmith includes an optional premium subscription. This is offered on a monthly or annual basis. If you choose to purchase a subscription your payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Access to Tide and Weather hosted data is only available to Watchsmith Premium subscribers.
This update fixes:
- Situation where some of the dial views wouldn't load correctly
- Situation where weather data might not load for previously subscribed users
- Issue loading the Infograph Large configurator
- The Moon Phase complication was too light at the new moon.
Ratings and Reviews
Asking for developer response
I'll switch this to a 5 if I get a response because this app is almost exactly what I'm looking for. If you could add a star field with just the blue earth (as opposed to all the planets) real-time rotating around the sun and if you gave the option to put that center-face, directly under the watch hands, this would create the exact watch face I want. It would be amazing if you could do this and I think others would like it too.
The significance of it being directly under the watch hands is so as the earth rotates around the center the hour markings of the normal 12-hour clock can vaguely mark the passing months or indicate when the year's half over (6 o'clock) 3/4 over (9 o'clock) etc, making the whole watch double as both a 12-hour clock and a 1-year clock. This wouldn't just be a niche creation for myself. I think others would like it too.
Best watch complication maker for Your Apple Watch face
This wonderful app is truly innovative with respect
To how it works and what it’s intended for.
When I first tried the app I thought it was like all the watch maker apps except with complications. I scratched my head after creating modifications because I didn’t see what I created.
This app is for creating complications for your official Apple watches which is a welcome breath of fresh air. You pick an Apple Watch using your Apple Watch app from the gallery. Pick a face with multiple dial for the best results. Using Watchsmith create a complication like a Day dial, then you can further choose and modify, I chose a dial with the days of the week, changed the background to white, changed the hand color to black then changed the style of the indicator. Rename and save. Open your Apple Watch in the Apple Watch apple. Click on the watch face. This brings up a menu to edit the dial functions, select a dial , then scroll until you see Watchsmith and finally the name you gave your created dial, viola your dial appears on your dial on your Apple Watch. Repeat the process for each dial you create. I would suggest to the author to clarify the app description for what this app is for and what it’s not, might increase downloads if people understood the power of this app, truly a must have app with room for complications like tourbillons, etc. give it a try
Great Endeavor. Needs work.
I gave the developer $1.99 for the effort, but to have me renew a lot of work is needed. The complications are pretty spartan. The top info graph complication doesn’t show any data in the top text area for example. The weather complications are very limited and Carrot does better. The idea of being able to schedule the complications is great. I’d love to have the default activity rings during the day and have sleep-based rings take the spot at night. I hope the idea takes off, whether through this app or through Apple taking some of these ideas and implementing them for power use in the future. But the dev deserves credit for having the initiative and giving us something in the meantime, even if it seems not quite professionally designed and perhaps even half baked. Tapping a complication really needs to take you directly to the relevant data. The corner complications need to be designed to be in the corners, not just relocated circles. And the weather graph is phenomenal and the one thing from this app I really would like to keep.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your support! While we are limited to what we can do within the third party platform, we are continuing to add new ideas and features - make sure to check out our latest version.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Watchsmith Premium (Monthly) $1.99
- Watchsmith Premium (Annual) $19.99