Watchsmith lets you personalize your Apple Watch like never before.
It starts with a wide collection of highly customizable complications, which range in function from date, to weather, to astronomy. Each can be adjusted precisely to best fit your desired function and appearance.
This set of complications can then be dynamically scheduled to appear on your watch face following rules you define. For example, a particular complication slot could show the weather first thing in the morning, then your calendar during your work day, then switch to your Activity ring progress as you wrap up your day. This lets you take full advantage of each slot on your watch face without the need to constantly switch back and forth between faces.
The Apple Watch app itself also includes a wide collection of tools and functions, such as a weather app, a workout app, a timezone converter, games and a calendar. Watchsmith provides one tap access to what you need, right when you need it.
• Watchsmith is intended for use with a paired Apple Watch, which is where your configured complications will be displayed. It requires watchOS 7.
• Watchsmith optionally integrates with Apple Health. This data is used during workouts to display your workout metrics, to show a summary of your daily heart rate date, and your activity. Permission for Watchsmith to access this data is controlled through the Apple Health app.
• Watchsmith includes an optional premium subscription. This is offered on a monthly or annual basis. If you choose to purchase a subscription your payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Access to Tide and Weather hosted data is only available to Watchsmith Premium subscribers.
Quick bug fix update:
- Fixes a situation where the back button on the editor would get corrupted
- Fixes a situation where the accurate time could get shrunk on some screen sizes
- Fixes for Day of Week dials.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Complications are great, iOS app is ok
Has a lot of capabilities but mainly I’m using it to add a digital clock on analog faces.
Some annoying limitations imposed by Apple, like the slot above the time on Infograph Modular only being able to show the date, not a real “Narrow Text” complication as is used in the same position on the Siri face.
Thankfully you don’t need to open the iOS part of the app once it’s set up how you like it. The lack of dark mode and “unusual” choice of font and support make the UI feel less native than other apps that I know are wrappers around a webpage, but clearly the author knows how to write native UIs for Apple’s platforms. 🤷🏻♂️
Great Endeavor. Needs work.
I gave the developer $1.99 for the effort, but to have me renew a lot of work is needed. The complications are pretty spartan. The top info graph complication doesn’t show any data in the top text area for example. The weather complications are very limited and Carrot does better. The idea of being able to schedule the complications is great. I’d love to have the default activity rings during the day and have sleep-based rings take the spot at night. I hope the idea takes off, whether through this app or through Apple taking some of these ideas and implementing them for power use in the future. But the dev deserves credit for having the initiative and giving us something in the meantime, even if it seems not quite professionally designed and perhaps even half baked. Tapping a complication really needs to take you directly to the relevant data. The corner complications need to be designed to be in the corners, not just relocated circles. And the weather graph is phenomenal and the one thing from this app I really would like to keep.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your support! While we are limited to what we can do within the third party platform, we are continuing to add new ideas and features - make sure to check out our latest version.
Pushing the bar for what Apple Watch can do
_DavidSmith is really pushing the power of Apple Watch complications with this new app! Time-based triggers allow your complications to change throughout the day — for me, it’s weather when I wake up, my calendar throughout the workday, and my activity rings to close out the evening. There are various options for customizing the look and feel of each, including typeface, color, and overall style.
For those begrudging the subscription model, most elements are included for free. Those that require you subscribe include weather and other data which costs real money to provide to customers. It’s up to you whether you see this as valuable, but I’m a happy subscriber to get this data as well as to show my support for one of the most innovative watchOS developers.
I know there’s many more complication designs and other tricks coming up his sleeves, and I’m glad to support Underscore’s work.
Developer Response ,
So glad you're excited about this app! Since its launch we've definitely added a number of new complication types and hope to continue to improve it as third-party developers are given more access to do more and more with watch apps. Stay tuned!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- 23.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Watchsmith Premium (Monthly) $1.99
- Watchsmith Premium (Annual) $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.