If you have two homes in the US or you spend considerable time in another state, if you have recently moved state, or if you just want to be well prepared in case of a state residency audit, then TrackingStates is for you.
We built TrackingStates as the best value and most accurate State day counting solution.
Use TrackingStates to avoid going over the residency threshold in high tax States. TrackingStates will work in the background counting the number of days you spend in every USA state, effortlessly.
Why should I use TrackingStates?
Value! TrackingStates is the best value on the market. Simple and affordable, automated day counting.
Accuracy. TrackingStates is the most accurate State tracking solution, working even at state borders where others can give false readings. Why? Because we've built our own proprietary geolocation based on our sister App TrackingDays. We don’t use cell phone provider locations as other do, which can be inaccurate and that can flip or change in poor coverage areas.
100% Privacy. We value your privacy:
We don’t ask for any of your personal details.
We don’t store your locations
We don’t ask you to sign up, you are protected by flexible Apple Subscriptions
You, track you, you control your data to share it with your chosen advisor.
Flexibility. Edit your days in certain circumstances, should you need to, for example if you transit through NYC from the airport, out of NY, back to your home state.
Ditch the spreadsheet and download TrackingDays today to start your 30 day free trial today.
What does TrackingStates do?
- It keeps an automated, accurate record of days spent in different states.
- Detailing entry-exit dates and times for each trip.
- You can export your data by state or in full to share with your advisor.
- With full data privacy, we don't collect your movements.
- And amazing value. All for the price of a large cappuccino per month from your favourite coffee outlet.
- Edit your days should you need to, for example if you transit through NYC from the airport, back to your home state.
- Why not download the App with a 30 day free trial, no intrusive sign up and no personal details requested or required. We use Apple Subscriptions so that you have full control.
- TrackingStates tracks travel in the United States only, for worldwide day counting, please check out our sister App, TrackingDays, on the App Store.
- TrackingStates does not give tax or residency advice, we leave that to the professionals. Rules change from state to state, so please always consult with your professional advisor.
No sign up required, simply download and start your 30 day free trial, we use Apple Subscriptions, cancel at anytime, up to day 29, from your iPhone settings.
TrackingDays works with regular movement of your phone, please move your phone approx. 500m regularly. If you are in a situation where you will not move this distance every few days, please restart your App from time to time to ensure location tracking has not been disabled.
*1 State boundaries are based on the most up to date US government available state boundaries. TrackingStates uses the same degree of border accuracy as leading mapping Apps. If you wish to discuss a specific border location, please submitting a ticket on our support page at: https://trackingdays.zendesk.com
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App Except
It seems to count way over the actual amount of days. I currently have an extra 2 weeks of days (54-58 total days) for this year even though there has only been 40 days this year. This is due to the app counting a travel day as a state each day. This should be changed so that it counts the hour for partial days instead of counting it as an entire day.
Unless I am missing something in the tax code which is entirely possible but this seems inconvenient and I will eventually have 425+ days at the end of the year even though there are only 365
Would be 5 stars if the above is fixed
Developer Response ,
Hello Phin, thanks for your message. The App doesn’t over-count days, please use your Official Count figure for the correct State number in each State page.
Then use the data below the line only for a record of your movements. The two do not necessarily add up as they’re showing you different information.
Below the line figures reflect your physical movements, and can show multiple days. For example if you went out of state and returned on the same day, that’s 2 visits. But your Official Count will only count 1 day in each 24hr period.
In terms of your Official Count for each state, any part of a day is counted as day for State tax purposes. But only one day can be counted per 24hrs in the Official Count.
Please do contact us via our help centre to discuss your feedback further, we’d welcome the opportunity to have your input into App, to help build it better for your and everyone’s needs.
You can ‘submit a request’ here, to talk to us:
You can find more information on how the App counts days and nights here:
Martin @ TrackingStates
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lauco Trading Limited
- 58.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Lauco Trading Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Location tracking. $2.49
- 1 Year Location tracking. $24.99