Hype-free weather forecast for Houston. This is the official app from Space City Weather, the hyperlocal Houston weather site from Eric Berger and Matt Lanza.
This is the official app from Space City Weather, the hyperlocal Houston weather site from Eric Berger and Matt Lanza. The SCW app brings to your mobile device everything from the site, and more, including:
- Daily weather forecasts, weather topic discussions and detailed coverage of major weather events
- Current conditions put the stats Houstonians care about most front and center.
- Hourly and 7-day forecasts
- National Weather Service (NWS) radar, weather discussions and alerts
- Conditions and forecasts for 5 locations in the Greater Houston area: Houston, Hobby Airport, Conroe, Galveston, Katy
- Notifications of new blog posts and urgent weather news
- Clean, simple design for easy browsing and quick loading
- Our usual nerdy humor
What the SCW app does NOT have: Ads and tracking. We respect your privacy.
Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
This guy accurately predicted Harvey and how much rain it would produce 7 days early. He also predicted the 2021 freeze 12 days early, when all the hack weather people were dismissing the possibility. He not only predicted the freeze, but his forecast temperature map was within 3 degrees of what happened. On top of that, he frequently posts actually entertaining and informative stories about the weather. Idiot-savant, genius, omniscient, whatever the heck he is, he is the only weather person I listen to.
Great Connection to Houston Kids
Our daughter, son-in-law and their kids live in Houston (Bellaire). They recommended your app to us several years ago. We live in South Florida and hurricane season is a stressful time for us. Your app helps us connect and better understand what is happening in Houston without calling or texting our kids every hour. Thank you and keep up the great work.
So so app needs improvement, but the SCW weather posts rock
What the app lacks in detailed weather information by area, it excels in the weather synopsis every morning (more frequently during inclement weather) by Berger and Lanza for Houston and adjacent areas. They also report on weather trivia, like drought conditions, inches or feet of rain, and record high and low temperatures. They also give it a personal touch which I find very nice. There’s not much else to offer in the app that you can’t find in any other basic weather app, but it is recommended for their weather summaries. Hopefully the app will evolve going forward.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eric Berger
- 66.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.