The StoryGraph helps you track your reading and choose your next book based on your mood and your favorite topics and themes.
Import your Goodreads data: We will import all of your currently-reading, read, to-read, and did-not-finish shelves. Any custom shelves will be mapped to a custom tag on The StoryGraph.
Discover books by mood: In the mood for something adventurous, funny, and fast-paced? What about a darker, slower, more emotional book? Whatever you're in the mood for, mix and match our comprehensive set of filter options to find a book just right for you.
Get smart personalized recommendations: Our machine learning AI is like your trusted go-to friend for book recommendations. Communicate with it so it can understand your reading preferences in detail and then find the best matches for you, whatever you're in the mood for.
Simple tracking and insightful stats: As you track what you're reading, learn about the type of books you gravitate towards the most with our wide range of charts and graphs. You can see how your reading develops over time and use that information to help you pick better books.
Reading Challenges: Want to read one book from every country in the world? Or how about read a book per week across a range of genres? Our reading challenges feature help you set up personal goals or join in with others.
Custom Tags: Enhance your book tracking and discovery by making use of our custom tags feature. You can search and filter books by your tags and share curated lists with friends.
Content Warnings: When you review a book, you can let us know if there's any content within it that might be triggering for others. Then, when searching for your next read, all of this information is at your disposal.
• Import your Goodreads account
• Reading charts and graphs
• Personalized machine learning recommendations
• Follow your friends to see what they're reading
• Annual reading and page goals
• Search/browse books by mood, pace, and more
• Custom tags
• Lists to share with your friends or the public
• Create your own reading challenge or join in with others
• Browse similar books
• Find similar users
• Half and quarter star ratings
• Built-in DNF (Did Not Finish) functionality (including tracking pages read)
• Progress updates with built-in reading journal
• Author-approved and user-submitted content warnings
Want to support an independent, Goodreads alternative? Consider upgrading to Plus!
• Keep the platform ad-free: You'll help The StoryGraph stay independent!
• Advanced Stats: Compare any two time slices of your data side-by-side and get stats pages for any of your custom tags
• Unlimited Recommendations: Search for personal recommendations, based on your mood and reading preferences, as many times as you want to!
• Advanced Similar Users: Search for users based on what they typically like to read in order to expand your personal book community and discover new books
• Personalised Similar Books: When browsing books, see similar book suggestions that are unique to you
• Shape the roadmap: You get to vote and comment on upcoming features as well as submit official requests for new ones
• Priority Support: Your support tickets and requests for book information updates will be handled first
Terms of Service:https://app.thestorygraph.com/terms-of-service
What's new in v.1.1?
Just the one bug fix for you today:
• The app no longer crashes when a user attempts to use their phone camera to take a photo for their profile picture
Ratings and Reviews
incredible tool for readers!!
i love this app so much!! i heard about it on tiktok & immediately downloaded it. i’ve been using it for about a week or two now & it’s so so amazing!! the features & interface are so so great and it’s evident that the people involved in making the app love reading & have a passion for this project. there’s nothing i don’t love. I know it’s a work in progress so i’m super excited for things like the reading recommendations to become even more personalized, and for more nuanced privacy settings!! i use this app pretty much daily. it’s made reading even more fun, and i’ve told everyone I know about it. i love to put in my TBR, update my reading progress w my current reads & use the private journal to list my thoughts, see what my friends are reading through the community tab, and organize all my TBR, owned books, DNF’d books, etc, with tags. if you like reading even a little, try storygraph!!!
So much to love!!
I love so many things about this all! I love that you can do half and quarter stars and all the options when reviewing! I love the break down of stats! The main thing I don’t like is that you can’t see whole follows you! This makes me extremely uncomfortable! I also love connecting with people over reading and have friends and being able to interact with them on a site like this I love! I am able to do that on goodreads which I really appreciate and feel like I can create more of a community! I love being able to interact with my friends and see what they are reading and if it’s a book I love I love being able to comment on their update. I know the creators have said they don’t want this to be a social media website which is why they won’t let you see who your friends are. But I think the social aspect of reading is really fun! I truly love this app so much and it has so many amazing features but I really hate that you can’t see who you’re friends are and who is following you. It makes me extremely uncomfortable as a woman.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Soon we'll have the ability for you to have a private account and be part of groups with your friends, where you can chat about each others reading activity. You can keep track of progress on these features on our roadmap:
Invite-only groups: https://roadmap.thestorygraph.com/features/posts/users-can-create-groups-book-clubs-on-the-storygraph
Find and invite friends: https://roadmap.thestorygraph.com/features/posts/users-can-find-or-invite-their-real-life-friends-networks-to-the
Way more user friendly than good reads !!
I love this app! I was trying to find an app that would help me get more into reading and I stumbled upon good reads. When I got that app I was severely disappointed and frustrated with the app design. It was hard to use and didn’t motivate me to track my reading in anyway. I was searching for an alternative app to get me into reading and I stumbled upon StoryGraph! I fell in love immediately! It’s so user friendly and motivates me to track my progress, not only that it gives amazing suggestions off of what you like to read. It even has different folders where you can store the books you have in your library, books you need to read, and books you are currently reading. I really love StoryGraph!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The StoryGraph Limited
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © The StoryGraph Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The StoryGraph Plus Monthly $4.99
- The StoryGraph Plus Annual $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.