Designed by Moog Music, the world’s first synth company, Animoog Z is an inspiring 16-voice polyphonic synthesizer that invites you to explore new concepts of multidimensional sound design and performance.
Powered by Moog’s Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog Z empowers you to visually traverse new sonic universes and even create your own! ASE utilizes a novel orbit system to expand the concepts of wavetable and vector synthesis, allowing you to navigate dynamically through the X, Y, and Z axes of sound. Spontaneous sound design with Animoog Z is easy—simply select and drag the orbit path to explore endless sonic configurations.
Animoog Z captures the immediate and intuitive experience of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern digital paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play. Use Animoog Z’s built-in keyboard to control pitch and pressure per voice (or send MIDI out), or connect your favorite MPE controller and explore Animoog Z’s MPE-compliant sound engine.
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres includes digital tones and spectral sources alongside analog waveforms recorded from classic Moog circuits. If you ever run out of sounds, you can use the built-in Timbre Editor to record and edit your own timbres!
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog Z brings music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional musician, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe.
• Multiplatform Experience: Share presets, timbres, and in-app purchases across your compatible Apple devices.
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE): An exciting Moog technology that allows you to move through the X, Y, and Z axes of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape. Sonic modulations are visualized in real time, providing a multisensory feedback mechanism for sound creation.
• Polyphonic Modulation and Pitch Shifting: Control Animoog Z's advanced touch surface keyboard with configurable scales, key distances, pitch correction, and glide. Simply slide your fingers to control multiple per-voice parameters in Animoog Z right from the keys.
• Timbre Editor: Go beyond simple sample playback and build unique sounds that evolve in multi-dimensional space. Select from a wide variety of built-in timbres or customize your sound by recording your own timbres (or import your own WAV files).• ENV/LFO Page: Articulate your dynamics with 3 independent six-stage DAHDSR envelopes for Amp, Filter, and Mod, each with loop and sync functionality. Give motion to your sound with 3 independent LFOs featuring continuously variable wave shapes, phase offset, delayed start, sync, and support for 1-8 repeats.
• MOD Page: Highly flexible modulation matrix with 10 lanes and a multitude of sources, controllers, and destinations—including global destinations like Delay and Thick. Use the Solo and Enable controls to explore complex modulations layer by layer.
• Effects Page: A collection of dynamic sound-altering and sound-augmenting effects with Delay, Chorus, Bitcrush, Filter, Arpeggiator, and Looper. Oscilloscope-style views display the output and impact of your effects.
• MIDI: Use your favorite MIDI controller to control Animoog Z (with full support for MPE input) or go MIDI out to use Animoog Z's highly expressive keyboard to control your favorite instruments. Go even deeper with Animoog Z's exhaustive MIDI CC mapping system featuring MIDI Learn, multiple destinations for a single CC, and detailed control of which presets are loaded with program change.
• Additional Features: Backwards compatibility with presets and timbres from the original Animoog, AUv3 support, 440Hz base frequency offset (+/- 10Hz), preset tagging, preset sharing, Global BPM, Tap Tempo, Ableton Link, keyboard typing and shortcuts, random presets, and undo/redo.
• Preset and Timbre ZIP file import now supports iOS drag & drop:
1. Press, hold and drag the ZIP archive in the Files app.
2. Keep that finger pressed to continue dragging the ZIP archive.
3. Swipe on the home indicator with another finger until Animoog Z is the active app.
4. When Animoog Z is in the foreground, release your first finger and drop the ZIP archive.
5. The import will start without having to use the Share popup menu method.
• Improved trackpad response for scrollable UI widgets
• Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pure synth fun.
Great to see this new version of the classic "Animoog-iPhone". I have enjoyed the original version since it first came out. --
This new version completely refreshes and updates Animoog's look and features. --
With the many new features and interaction possibilities in the new Animoog Z, I will be spending a lot of time exploring and having fun with this synth.
This should be a real physical synth too!
I fell in love with Animoog from day one . Now this new version! But since the original came out and blew me away I’ve been suggesting a true physical synth from Moog with this engine ! And complete with its screen and touch interface screen /XYZ axis and physical knobs etc . MPE ribbon control and I’m shelling out the money tomorrow.!
As a kid my first Moog was a real Mini-Moog back in 1980. Kids today can get the trill of Moog sounds for free and that is game-changing for bringing the next generation of songwriters forward. I love the didactic keyboard which makes it so easy to compose a new part in D# Lydian if I so desire. This is a dream machine. Support this dev team - they bring the joy.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moog Music Inc.
- 19.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full App $9.99
- Fundamental Elements $4.99
- Evolving Oscillations $4.99
- Outer Orbits $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.