** Featured on MacStories, 9to5Mac, iMore, MacMagazine, AppAdvice & more! **
MusicBox is the best way to save albums and songs for later. You can use it to keep track of new music you want to listen to later, catalog and organize favorite albums and songs, categorize music with tags, assign notes, manage metadata, and more.
MusicBox collects relevant metadata of albums and songs from Apple Music and Spotify, and is deeply integrated into the system with features such as Widgets, Share Menu, Shortcuts, iCloud, and more.
- Use the Share Menu throughout the system.
- Drag and drop multiple albums and songs into the app.
- Import multiple albums and songs by pasting their URLs into the app.
- Use the Add Music action in the Shortcuts app to integrate MusicBox into your automated workflows.
ORGANIZE YOUR ALBUMS AND SONGS
- Apply tags to categorize your music and make it easier to find.
- Use Auto-Tagging to automatically tag albums and songs based on rules you set.
- Deep Search allows searching your music by title, artist, genre, record label, tags, type, and notes.
- Create a Smart Search to automatically filter albums and songs based on a set of rules.
- All MusicBox features and data are available on the Shortcuts app, so you can create custom shortcuts and automate your workflow.
- iCloud keeps your database in sync between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Easily access your music from the Notification Center with customizable Widgets.
- Tap an album or song to open it on Apple Music or Spotify.
MusicBox is a modern app with support for the latest system features. It is also available on the iPhone and iPad as a universal app, so you can enjoy it with a single purchase across iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
• Smart Search can now filter items based on the Notes field.
• The Add Music shortcut now includes an optional Notes field.
• Added the ability to apply Auto-Tagging retroactively to existing albums and songs. Control-click an Auto-Tagging item and choose "Apply".
• Added the ability to choose how tags should be compared in a Smart Search. Until now, MusicBox filtered albums and songs that contained any of the selected tags. You can now configure it to filter those that have all of them.
• Fixed a bug that caused Notes to not be saved when adding them from the Add Music screen.
Ratings and Reviews
I really enjoy this app
This is perfect for saving your music library on here. I do wish for the tags we can add like descriptions in them. It’s definitely worth the price if you have a active Apple Music subscription (or not at least I don’t think you have to have one). It’s the best to save your music collection you built up & your playlist’s you made. It’s one of the best if not the best music saver app out there.
An absolute must have app for music lovers
I’ve been using one of Tanaka’s other apps, MusicHarbor, for years to keep up with new music from my favorite artists. This is another app that seems as though it was created for those who are most passionate about music.
This is an absolute must have app for music lovers.
Great idea, responsive developer
This is a great idea for an app, and the developer has been incredibly responsive to suggestions to support different peoples' workflow to get data in to the app. You should give it a try!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Marcos Antonio Tanaka
- 5.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Marcos Tanaka
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.