Personalized Diets and Meal Plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter, and healthy recipes, all in one place. Get healthy and feel great with Lifesum!
** App of the Day for 2019 **
** Editors' Choice 2018 **
Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Reach your health and weight goals through better eating:
- Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
- Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
- Get a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
- Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
- Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
- Find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
- Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
- Easy tracking with barcode scanner and picture recognition
- Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
- Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
- Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetable, and seafood trackers
- Track your weight and waist measurements
- Save your favorites – create and save foods, recipes, meals, and exercises (limited)
- Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
- Widest variety of Diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein, etc.) and Meal Plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss, etc.) to choose from
- Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
- Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes, and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
- Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fiber, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, and cholesterol), so you know you’re hitting the daily recommendations
- Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
- Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fiber,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium,” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
- Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customized recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
- Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) - excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
- Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit, Endomondo, and Runkeeper
- Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s next for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (3, 6, and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
We all need a little self-care sometimes, and Lifesum is no exception. A few bug fixes later, and we’re feeling pretty fresh.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Want to lose weight? Gain muscle? Simply follow a healthier and more balanced diet? Lifesum can help with any or all of these goals, wrapping together delicious meal plans, detailed exercise tracking, and even regular reminders to drink plenty of water. There are diets to suit a variety of goals, tons of trackable fitness activities, and a friendly, supportive guide that keeps the science tucked away behind the scenes.
So elegant and visually appealing
What a gorgeous app- that alone makes me want to open it and track. I love that it there's a water tracker, daily fruit and vegetable and weekly seafood tracker and that they give you a life score with details on what to improve each week. Sure, a few glitches like not currently syncing with Health app (I open both then close both and open once more then it tracks), and the recipes and sometimes the database doesn't have the exact food but does have something comparable, just takes a smidgen more work. The beta camera isn't the greatest if you have a deep dish as opposed to a plate but it sure is handy and easy enough to adjust. And there's not many recipes, but the ones available are easy to follow and pleasant to eat, plus how often does one follow a recipe to a T? I've tried other tracking apps (looking at you MFP) and all the ads and monotone color scheme make them too unidimensional- this is beautiful, too beautiful not to use. And the step counter that equates steps to what you burn makes me just competitive enough with myself to make me want to walk even more (I burned 1.5 croissants?!? Bet I can burn 2!). I'd like to buy the app developers a beer. Then go walk said beer off. I saw a couple of review that say the app is rigid in terms of certain foods like sunflowers, and though I appreciate the sentiment, I am using the app for weight loss and do indeed want to know if a food is high in caloric content.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very very much for your detailed feedback! We are glad to hear that you like Lifesum!
The verified foods are from several food databases: the USDA, food items from Livsmedelsverket in Sweden, from the UK Food Standards Agency and the BLS from Germany.
Parts of the food database is created by our users. These food items can, unfortunately contain wrong nutrition values. But it is now possible for users to edit those or add missing values. In order to edit food, please click on the item in question and then on "Edit Food". Please, find more information here: https://lifesum.helpshift.com/a/lifesum---healthier-eating-better-living/?s=food-exercise-tracking&f=can-i-also-edit-correct-items-created-by-other-users
Verified items can not be edited by users but can be reported directly through the app.
In addition you can, of course, always create your own food / meals / recipes under Me / Favorites.
We will, of course, constantly clean the database from our side as well.
Beautiful! But could use customized notifications.
This app is gorgeous! I love the articles and the recipes look absolutely scrumptious. The aesthetics alone are what make this the most effective app, and it is super smooth! Even on this old phone, where everything else crashes. Huge thanks to the devs for achieving this. Now, I turned on notifications expecting reminders to update my water or add my meals and exercise, which would be really nice! Sometimes you get busy and don't track anything; it is the LAST thing on your mind. I did, however, get constant reminders to update my weight. As someone who has a Lifesum of 119 (almost completely perfect! 😲), I find that a little unhealthy. No-one should be weighing themselves every day, especially if you already have an unhealthy relationship with your weight, body fat percentage, or food. Even on a practical level, it doesn't make much sense. So I turned off the notifications, but it would be nice to be able to select what kind of notifications we get in the future! Such as for new recipes or articles, and reminders in other areas of body and health maintenance. Or a way to change the frequency: Weighing yourself every X amount of days. If there is already a way to do this, I hope the settings for it become easier to find. ❤️ Thanks for reading!
- Lifesum AB
- 210.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Lifesum
- In-App Purchases
- Lifesum Premium $44.99
- Lifesum Premium $21.99
- Lifesum Premium $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.