Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
• The Maps view now displays information for most tappable elements and layers in a new semi-permanent sidebar that stays open while you interact with the map.
• The Sidebar appears any time you tap-hold on the map to open the Add to Route window or tap on most Map elements, including Aeronautical Map elements like airports and weather or informational layers like AIR/SIGMETs, TFRs, Fuel Prices, and more. Not all tappable map elements utilize the sidebar, including traffic targets and obstacles.
• The sidebar remains open until you tap the Close button or tap on a blank area on the map, allowing you to pan and zoom the map with the sidebar open, tap other map elements to update the sidebar with their information, change map layers or settings, use Map Annotation or the Ruler, and more.
• ForeFlight displays a flashing green marker on the selected map element or location where you tapped so you don’t lose track of it, and highlights any airspace at that location in green. Tapping on an airway or route leg will outline such segments in green rather than displaying the point marker.
• On iPhone, Map information is displayed in the lower two-thirds of the screen as before, but you can now interact with the map while viewing this information.
Rename Imported Documents
• Rename imported documents directly in ForeFlight for enhanced flexibility and organization.
• Only documents in the Imported drive support renaming, including documents that you’ve added to binders from the Imported drive. Documents in built-in drives (e.g. ForeFlight, FAA, etc.) and Cloud Document drives cannot be renamed.
• Renaming a document in your Imported Drive will also change the name of that document in any Binder you’ve added it to, and vice versa.
• Rename documents by tapping Edit in the Documents view toolbar while viewing the Imported drive or a binder containing imported documents, then tap Rename next to any document to edit and save its name.
• View METARs from SayWeather advisory weather stations at small airports and heliports that lack certified AWOS.
• A “Not IFR Approved. Advisory Only” remark in the METAR text flags these as unofficial sources.
• Some stations are not equipped with ceiling or visibility sensors and will thus not report any flight category, but will report wind, temperature, dewpoint, altimeter, humidity, and some standard remarks.
Consolidated International Imagery
• The Imagery view offers improved organization for static weather products outside of the U.S. and Canada by better consolidating major regions.
• All European imagery is contained in the Europe region, all South American imagery in the South American region, and Mexican, Carribean, and Central American imagery is also combined into a single region.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Foreflight: Essential and best value in all of aviation!
FF is easily the best app for aviation. I have all others, and they are not bad, some even good (eg GP), but I will not leave home without FF. Connecting to various Garmin devices now makes it a great in flight manager as well. I am glad that emphasis is placed on pre-flight management in this update. While flying multiple aircraft in various conditions, different performances, loads, settings, it is all adjusted on the fly through a pilot centered, intuitive interface. This makes keeping track of all data pertinent to a flight, as well as briefing, filing and tracking the flight as easy as can be. As an app goes, it is not cheap like a 2.99 game, but as an essential, reliable tool it is the cheapest utility around in all of aviation. In a world where we measure things in AMU’s, this app and it’s subscription fees are nothing to cry about, and in my opinion the subscription fee is the least I can contribute to keep this ForeFlight team eager to improve and grow.
My only concern is not related to FF, but more related to the iPad and its very short life cycle before obsolescence. I am already concerned about what will happen when iPads cease to exist. For now, i am including a new iPad every other year to the price of doing business.
We use this daily!
We fly 12 to 18 hours per week with ForeFlight and Stratus 2. ForeFlight has come along way since it’s introduction with synthetic vision, excellent integration with Stratus and so much more. I did get concerned with the previous version as we started having multiple crashes on two different newer iPads daily. We do load multiple waypoint and it seemed like that might have been a factor? I always make sure my iPad has plenty of open SSD space and the newer iPads have 2GB or more RAM, so I wonder if the software rolled out too fast? We’re also very careful about not updating the OS until the all clear is given. I just hope ForeFlight’s team slows down a little on all the bells and whistles. It’s much more crucial for the product to work flawlessly versus having 3D views of airports / etc. All in all ForeFlight is the BEST aviation App on the market and their team is obviously awesome at coding. My concerns and comments here about previous crashes are only because we’re addicted to ForeFlight and never want to see it burdened with issues. The new version seems to be more stable with only the rare crash. It does open back up in seconds right were you left off. Keep up the good work. Thanks ForeFlight!
Developer Response ,
Hello IFR-Pilot. Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send an email to our Support team at email@example.com? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Early in my flying career, shortly after my first solo but before my ppl check ride I was saved by Foreflight. Flying solo, I was out practicing maneuvers and not paying any attention to the weather that was coming in behind me, and covering the airport I was to return to. When it was time to come back I pointed the nose toward my home base and before I really knew what I had done, I flew vfr into imc. No where near instrument rated I was truly lost in a sea of white. Thankfully I had Foreflight on my iPad with synthetic vision and the stratus 2 feeding attitude information. I transitioned to flying the plane like a video game watching that screen. I was able to keep the plane under control and maneuver though and out of the imc to and alternate airport and land safely. It was an absolutely terrifying event for me. I truly believe the outcome would not have been even close to this had Foreflight not been in the cockpit with me. For this I am truly thankful and fly with Foreflight on every flight. Through the years Foreflight has only increased its capabilities and has never let me down. I recommend it to everyone who flies. Thanks for a great product and saving my life.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 300.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $99.99
- Pro Plus US - 1 Year $199.99
- Basic Plus US - 3 months $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.