The new and improved CBS News app features a fresh design, creating a seamless navigation and content discovery experience.
Stream FREE live coverage from CBSN, ET Live, CBS Sports HQ, and CBSN New York in the dedicated live stream section, and stay up to date with breaking news and the latest developing stories from around the world.
With the CBS News app, you can:
• Watch CBSN, a 24/7 live news stream from CBS News. CBSN has live anchored coverage, original reporting, and breaking news. No cable subscription required.
• Get real-time updates of evolving and breaking news stories throughout the day.
• Use on-demand to view past segments on topics that interest you the most.
• Receive breaking news push notifications.
• View the latest business headlines and market info from CBS MoneyWatch.
• Share interesting stories with your friends and family via email, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.
• Stream live coverage from CBS Sports HQ, ET Live, and CBSN New York in the dedicated live stream section
• Dynamic font size for an improved user experience
• Airplay capabilities
• iPad only- picture in picture
• iPad only- split screen capabilities for multitasking
Additionally, CBSN delivers original content, including the daily shows "Red & Blue" and “CBSN AM”, as well as regular documentary features from CBSN Originals. Watch live or use on-demand to stream past segments on topics that interest you the most.
You will also get on-demand video clips and full segments from CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, Sunday Morning, and Face the Nation. With updates throughout the day, the CBS News app is your one-stop source for comprehensive original reporting, new videos and commentary from respected journalists.
- Bug fixes and improvements
For feedback or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
App runs great, here’s two things they need
I’ve been watching CBSN for a few years now and I enjoy their style of reporting. The app used to have CBSN radio integrated. I wish they’d add it back for the times you just want to listen, not watch.
The other thing that is sorely missing from this app (probably the biggest “deal breaker for me”): notification settings. Don’t get me wrong, they don’t send ten million notifications or anything, but apps like CNN have customizable options to choose what you’d like to receive and how often. This is really important for someone like me who doesn’t like clutter on their phone. Once they add this feature I’ll be happy.
Solid, But With Annoyances
I just came back to complain about this, forgetting that I already had several years ago. One well, I guess they don't care, but There's no need to change it:
In my few times using this app it appears to be, for the most part, a solid and well-put-together news app. It has, however, a few things that bother me. The first is that I prefer to use the app in portrait mode, and it works well in either landscape or portrait orientation. Unfortunately, when you play a video it switches to a full-screen horizontal view every time. Nobody wants to keep rotating their iPad for every single video so, please, give us the choice of switching only if we want to. Usually, for me, it's not necessary. Also, it would be great if we knew how long a video was before we hit the play button. Nice to know what we're getting into.
Real news presented by professionals
I first encountered CBSN as part of PlutoTV and was impressed by the news anchors, complete coverage, presentation format, and a comfortable level of advertising support. After purchasing my first iPad last year, I was excited to find that CBSN had this dedicated app. I enjoy both the live coverage which streams very well on all public and private WiFi networks that I use. As another reviewer has said, CBS gets it. They have the right balance of access and advertising. They do not trivialize the content or presentation to some mythical short attention span streaming customer. Walter Cronkite would be proud to be associated with this team and this app.
- CBS Mobile
- 58.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.