With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Soothing, detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose.
• Expertly designed practices by experienced yoga instructors.
• Over 300 beautifully illustrated pose images show correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses contains the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Play music from your music library or Spotify in place of the default music.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Track your progress with an ongoing log of all your yoga practices.
• Accounts sync environments and progress across devices.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Integrates with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 9.0.1 - 9.0.5
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 9.0.0
• New voice with better clarity, cues, and transitions
• 100+ additional poses
• Full support for iOS 13 with modern look and 'Sign in with Apple'
• Improved remote control: Control your practice with AirPods
• Improved Spotify and external music integration
• Improved Apple Watch app
• Improved print options: Show or hide the pose names and breaths for printouts
• New Feature: Stream practice audio to multiple speakers at once (AirPlay 2 support)
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
These folks designed a fine pair of Yoga applications. The drawings are simple and provide a clear picture of the asana. The voice is pleasant. The spoken instructions are well-timed, concise, clear, and instructive. I am sure I could say the same about any number of other Yoga applications.
So what brings me to this rave review was something I learned from the companion application 'Pocket Yoga Teacher.' I wanted to construct a series of poses in 'Pocket Yoga Teacher,' and it balked at doing them in the order I proposed. Suspecting a bug in the program, I contacted support and got a prompt reply from support. Let me repeat that. I GOT A PROMPT REPLY FROM SUPPORT. The folks supporting the application pointed out problems with the series of asanas I had in mind and offered improvements. The problem was an operator failure (me) and they corrected it.
These folks know a lot about Yoga and programmed it into their applications. It may not be blatantly obvious, but it was there lurking beneath the surface to help me.
I have been using this program for over four years now. It is a good program overall. It offers a good variety of exercise that will keep any user entertained because of the variety it offers. I downgraded my rating to three stars because of an issue that I believe needs to be addressed. You see, I am a forty seven year old man in good shape. Although I am able to keep up with all of the beginner workouts, I don’t think the poses were well thought out for beginners. You see, in the Ocean beginner workout, it requires that a beginner do a split as one of the exercises. Really? I have been doing this program for over four years two to three times a week. As a man, I’m simply not flexible. How in the world do the creators of this program expect any beginner to do a split? I find it unrealistic. I wish that they would take out any splits from all beginner workouts because it is an unrealistic pose for a beginner and simply demoralizing. After four years, I’m never going to be able to do that pose and am frustrated every time it comes up.
In addition, I’ve unlocked all of the different backgrounds by using my karma points. Now I have over eight hundred karma points that I can no longer use because there is nothing else left to unlock. I do wish that they would offer new perks to unlock for us dedicated users. It gets boring not being able to use those karma points ever again.
Love this app. So useful!!!
I do believe that you need some experience with poses, but I like that it still gives you a list to look over which poses there are in yoga. So maybe a beginner can start off by studying the list. I've taken one yoga class, so I did have some knowledge, but not tons. I feel like the beginner stage is a perfect way to challenge a person interested in yoga. Self motivation will push you through if you want to be a yogi. Love love love all of the ways it engages your entire body. I do wish there was a little bit different varieties of routines. There is a lot of repetitiveness, but other than that, it's great! It would be cool if the app offered some type of gift card rewards for getting to a certain level of karma points, that would make it even more motivational, but I love this app!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.