FREE PREVIEW – View select topics in each Anesthesia Central resource and explore the expert information, detailed recommendations, fast navigation, and helpful tools.
** The All-In-One Mobile and Web Solution for Anesthesiology **
ABOUT ANESTHESIA CENTRAL
Anesthesia Central is a must-have resource for every anesthesiologist, critical care specialist, nurse anesthetist, and trainee. Consult the automatically updating collection of disease, drug, test, and procedure information for treating patients before, during, and after surgery. Download to your mobile device and use the quick-read format to find answers fast or search for journal articles and citations in the full PubMed database – anytime, anywhere.
Five comprehensive resources included with Anesthesia Central.
MGH CLINICAL ANESTHESIA PROCEDURES
Includes proven guidelines for preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative anesthesia care, developed by the renowned Massachusetts General Hospital.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to need-to-know information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
POCKET ICU MANAGEMENT
Focuses on conditions found in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and covers a range of topics from life-threatening disorders to presenting conditions.
POCKET GUIDE TO DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Pocket Guide to Diagnostics Tests provides evidence-based recommendations on the selection and interpretation of over 450 laboratory, imaging, and microbiology tests.
Prime PubMed Search
Connect to the full MEDLINE/PubMed database. Stay up to date with your favorite medical journals, perform powerful searches, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence®, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
• Receive 1-year of drug updates
• Download any new editions of included resources free for 1-year
• Make quick calculations with integrated calculators
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Consult trusted, up-to-date procedure, drug, and test information
• Jump quickly between resources using Cross Links
• Access to PubMed database through Prime
• Use the advanced search capabilities to find topics fast
• Bookmark important entries with “Favorites”
• Get access to Anesthesia Central website for 1-year
DRUG AND CONTENT UPDATES
• After initial Anesthesia Central purchase you will receive updates for one year
• After one year, you can purchase updates for an additional year, at the discounted rate of $99.99. If you do not choose to purchase, you can continue to use the product but will not receive updates.
• This app will automatically renew annually at the current renewal rate ($99.99) and charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of the one-year subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital:
Senior Editor: Wilton C. Levine, MD
Associate Editors: Rae M. Allain, MD; Theodore A. Alston, MD, PhD; Peter F. Dunn, MD; Jean Kwo, MD; Carl E. Rosow, MD, PhD
Publisher: Lippincott Willams & Wilkins
Pocket ICU Management:
Authors: Michael H. Wall, MD, FCCM; Pamela R. Roberts, MD, FCCM; J. Christopher Farmer, MD, FCCM
Davis's Drug Guide:
Authors: Judith H. Deglin, PharmD; April H. Vallerand, PhD, RN, FAAM; Cynthia A. Sanoski, BS, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests:
Editors: Diana Nicoll, MD, PhD, MPA; Chuanyi Mark Lu, MD; Michael Pignone, MD, MPH; Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical
* New Feature: Alerts is a new communication feature that delivers the latest information about Anesthesia Central and 'Drug of the Week'
* Updated banners and icons
If you have questions about the latest update, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't be fooled...
Don't be fooled by early ratings. Without a subscription, you won't see any content, so people may have expected "something for nothing."
This is quality reference material for anybody practicing in anesthesiology. While I initially subscribed to "Anesthesia Central" for my Treo phone, I was disappointed that an on device app had not been available when I jumped to the iPhone. That is, until now. When I downloaded and signed into the app, a current copy of Anesthesia Central was downloaded. This occurred in spit of the fact that my subscription had expired long ago. This bears repeating... Even if your subscription is expired, you are entitled to have the content on the one device of your choice. Of course, there will be no content updating without a current subscription. In terms of content, it is presented either in portrait or landscape in an easy to read font and you latest position is saved when exiting and relaunching the app.
My only "complaint" is that I would like to see a reduced rate for yearly subscriptions... It seems excessive to have to pay $150 each year just to keep current, especially as there is no scheduled update cycle. And yes, I am aware that web access is included in the subscription. $150 is very reasonable for an initial fee, but continuous yearly subscriptions should be offered at a reduced rate. Are you listening Unbound Medicine?
I bought this just a couple days ago. I am a student and am about to start clinical and just knew I needed it to be a step ahead of the game! I have been reviewing it at home and it has every bit of information needed for anesthesia and much much more! Worth every penny! I will tell all my fellow students about this.
Comprehensive for my needs
Device: iPhone 4 (Verizon)
I'm very pleased with this app. I really only wanted a drug guide on my device, but I realized that having a more compact [than textbook] reference would be more handy and less cumbersome while in my small anesthesia workspace (I'm a newbie CRNA). I've used both Davis and Sota drug guides on my Palm for many years, but when I saw what Anesthesia Central had to offer when compared to Skyscape's Anesthesia Constellation, it fit the bill. No more separate ACLS app, no more separate procedures app, no more separate diagnostic tests app, etc. I've yet to put it through its paces if given an opportunity perioperatively, yet I'm sure as I journey along my career, the information within will become second-nature. Until then, I like what I've seen (read) so far. Information is quick to find and focuses on anesthetic implications (no fluff)!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 12.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Anesthesia Central $169.99
- Anesthesia Central Renewal $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.