Connect. Discover. Control.
Stay connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play, wherever you go with PlayStation App. See who's online, voice chat and send messages, and discover deals on PS Store.
Connect with friends
• See who's online and what games they're playing.
• Voice chat and send messages to your PSN friends, hang out online, and plan your next multiplayer session.
• View other players' profiles and trophy collections.
Discover new games and the latest news
• Shop for new releases, pre-order games, and check out the latest deals and discounts on PlayStation Store.
• Get your daily fix of gaming news from the world of PlayStation.
• Stay up to date with notifications and invitations on your phone lock screen.
Control your console wherever you are
• Download games and add-ons to your console, so they're ready when you are.
• Manage your PS5 console storage if you run out of space while downloading.
• Get ready to play with quick sign-in and remote game launch on your PS5 console.
Account for PlayStation Network required to use this app.
PlayStation terms of service are viewable at https://www.playstation.com/legal/psn-terms-of-service/.
Some features require PS5 or PS4 console.
Content available on PS App may vary by country/region. Some titles shown above may not be available in your country/region.
“PlayStation”, “PlayStation Family Mark”, “PS5”, and “PS4” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
• Sort and filter in PS Store to help you find what you're looking for.
• Compare trophies with friends.
• Manage your PS5 storage anytime from settings.
• Join multiplayer sessions on PS5 from game invites.
• Share images, text, and URLs from other apps to friends on PS App.
• Turn party notifications on/off.
• This update also includes fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great new update BUT...
I love the brand new UI, a completely renovated look, easy accessible to what I need and where I need it except, I feel like you guys missed out HUGELY on the Capture Gallery. This was that one feature I was looking forward to ever since I made the switch to Playstation. As of right now I can edit and share captured screenshots/videos exclusively only on the console itself and nowhere else. I'd understand if editing would have to be done on the console but sharing clips from my library/profile should be an option on the app! Especially with the new PS5 coming out it'd be a great addition to the PS app to be able to seamlessly share our content/trophies etc. to any social media or be able to forward to our friends. Except there's only one option and that too on console, which is Twitter. It's really sad to see how much Playstation emphasizes on 'Sharing' to the point where there's a dedicated button on the controller for it, yet no support on the app itself. It still has the basic most features the last PS App did, but this time it was just revamped with a nice and clean look. I'm hoping that changes once the PS5 is officially released but I'd love to see a sharing/editing feature integrated within the app. I know it's 100% possible and definitely can be done. Overall, great work on the app so far. Hope I'm heard and can expect something out of it in the near future!
New update could be better..
I love the new update, It looks great! But there are so many things from the older version that i believe makes it better than the newer version. Being able to customize your profiles look by changing your cover image, profile color, and more was a huge deal for me. Customizing group chats was another cool thing. You can do it in the new version, but it has to be with more than two people. In the new version you can’t do as much as the older version. profiles just look so dull to me now. When you start the app you can see what your recently played games are. When you go to your profile, you can also see what your recently games played are. I think that’s unnecessary and boring. I preferred the old layout. Being able to see your friends, who you’re following, and followers was a lot better. Same goes with seeing friends profile. I really don’t want to see just mutual friends. The what’s new page was also removed. I thought that was a great way to see what your friends are up to. what games they started playing and trophies they’re achieving. I love that you can download games to your console and make purchases though the app. It’s a lot faster than doing it on console.
wonderful update, but having an issue...
after just recently switching to the ps4 after a long time of my buggy ps3, i’m still new to not only ps4 but also the ps app. the app is useful don’t get me wrong and the update was really nice but as a gamer who’s always on/in a voice chat the update is kind of annoying. i’ve seen a couple other people have the same problem and i really suggest you fix this for people who like to use wireless gear.
my problem is that i don’t own any wired headsets, and in order to do my voice chatting from my phone it needs that. i know, i can just go to my nearest store and get a decent wired headset but it’s a waste of money if i spend all this money on wireless gear just for it not to be compatible with playstation.
on a good note, the UI is way easier. i used to have a lot of trouble on the older version and often some features wouldn’t even work. (such as buying games) luckily this update is better. and now since we can link our consoles it’s 10x as easier for me to get games since at times of the year i’m across the country from my ps4.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- 61.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.