ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 100 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 381 brushes, 71 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 381 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
[Improvements in ver.8.1.2]
- When you tap the push notification of success of publishing an artwork, now the app opens the artwork page in a browser screen, while the older app showed a share screen.
- Removed the function to tweet or share the URL of an artwork page in Artwork Information window.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems in ver.8.1.2]
- Fixed a bug where the app freezes after saving an image or a movie to Photo Library from Share button on My Gallery or Collection screen.
Please see the "News" in our website for other bug fixes.
[New Features in ver.8.1.0]
- New brushes "Color Changing 1" and "Color Changing 2".
[New Features in ver.8.0.0]
- Added "Special Pen" which consists of Lasso Fill, Lasso Eraser, Liquify Pen, Copy Pen (Relative), Copy Pen (Fixed) and Copy Pen (Move) that can be used to get special results.
- Added a feature with which you can share brushes by QR codes. You can use it via the "⋮" button at the top right of the Brush window.
- Added "Waterdrop (Rounded)" and "Emboss" filters to the Style category.
- Added "Chrome" filter to the Artistic category.
- Added "QR Code" filter to the Draw category.
- Added "Find Edges" filter to the Adjust Color category.
"QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app... but needs better sorting
I love this app for how simple it is to use and can get amazing pieces out of it with easy but versatile tools. The smudge and blur tools are one of the best ones Ive seen on iOS, doesn’t discolor or pixelate like other apps I’ve used. I use this app for my work as a comic artist, it’s easy to create nice line art even for someone with shaky hands (me).
On a bad note however, my goodness do I have to scroll so much just to find a specific piece I need to edit among other art such as personal and work related drawings. If there was a folder system this would be an app I’d recommend to nearly anyone. But there is little way to sort and you have to pay monthly for it, which tbh is kind of a waste considering the other features aren’t too helpful and the filters could be found in other apps with a one time fee. I often use procreate to keep my pieces together that need touch ups and further editing (without blurring bc the tool on that app is not good at all, Ibis Paint honestly has one of the nicest blending tools and I know that’s a turning point for a lot of people.)
In general, I love this app for its stabilizing and tools but find myself struggling to want to go to it after awhile due to the sorting and that small but very draining problem once you hit over 100 pieces in your gallery. Right now something like google drive or folders on your phone will be a life line to keep things neat.
The BEST art app for iPad
I was a total newbie to digital art. But I downloaded this app back in 2015, hoping to learn the basics before I purchase a drawing tablet for my laptop. And I can proudly say I never did, because this is the ONLY digital art app I’ll ever use! I’ve tried a couple other ones, like procreate and sketchbook - but this is the one that makes the most sense and easy to understand! And learning about layers makes the most sense on this app. I was so confused by procreate, and not just because I was using this one first. Their layering doesn’t make sense at all. And as ibisPaint has evolved, we’ve been given a lot more brushes/items to work with; I even bought the app so I could get more brushes. (I have yet to go “premium” since it’s monthly, but we’ll see lol.) Plus, I’m a quadriplegic, so working on an iPad is the easiest for me.
I am so glad ibisPaint exists and continues to keep going. This app better not become obsolete because I will literally cry lol. If you are a beginner to digital art or just want to know the basics, this is the perfect app! And once you get the hang of it, you’ll see that you’ll never want any other art app lol.
Free and THE BEST
If you had to compare this drawing at to others, you will have to realize how this drawing app is amazing and simply astounding. It has so many great and professional features that other great apps/softwares have! Sure it might not be a photoshop(software because the app in phones/tablets is pretty... Shallow) but it sure is easy(just need to attempt to play around with the app) to open and most importantly, FREE! Of course there are ads but only for some dollars you can permanently buy the Remove-Ad version! With that out of the way it makes the app unique from other's. Other apps require you to have a subscription of months(sometimes annually) but Ibis Paint(the X version specially) does not require anything else from you other than to use the app and spread the word! Seriously, try it! It also does not hurt and you don't need any FREE TRIAL thingy like every other art app does.
Of course, like always, there will be things you wish for this app to add on and you can surely make a feedback note to them and suggest them something! Try it!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ibis inc.
- 66.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.