* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
This version includes bug fixes, as well as some new sticker features.
Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
Facebook messenger need to pickup the pace
Facebook messenger is seriously lacking behind with simple and small functions that can make it great.
Facebook has friends that we do not want to share our phone numbers with to be able to communicate on other great and easy to converse instant messaging apps.
One of those function is to be able to reply directly to a particular message.
So difficult to handle conversation on Facebook as it doesn’t allow for different topics to be discussed concurrently just with a reply functionality.
Most times when you go back to an old discussion during a new one the whole thing becomes confusing and then takes longer to type and clarify things with who you are chatting with.
I can have a discussion in 3 mins on other apps and that same conversation would take me 10 mins on Facebook messenger.
This is because you talk about one topic finish it up properly and start the next one again.
When you can talk about both same time just directly replying to the exact thing you getting back at.
Please fix this because it’s getting boring chatting on Facebook messenger.
If you can smile to a message thumb up and other things why can’t we reply?
New update looks really bad
Most of the people I’ve seen have just been complaining so I’m going to try and make this review at least a little helpful. This new update has so much wasted space. Just yesterday the formatting was pretty much perfect from a design standpoint, but now there is so much unused white space at the top of the screen. Even just the word “Chats” takes up so much unnecessary space which previously encompassed everything that wasn’t actual chats (like stories and your profile info. The previous design was perfectly fine and there was no need to change it, and changing your design completely won’t make a significant number of people suddenly decide to download the app. If nothing else, give everyone the option to go back to the previous version.
As a lover of web design, I know white space can be useful, but it can be extremely harmful if there is too much unused space, and that is exactly what happened. You messed up with this one, but there’s still an opportunity to fix it, or at least canter to those who know this is bad design.
Facebooks messenger app is a pointless application—everyone already has free text messaging and pays for cell phone service, so why create a new application (for things like virtual yard sale) and ask for permissions to text and call? I find it absolutely absurd that I have to download an app to view messages from a web based platform. (No I DO NOT have the FB app, thank you.). Not only that but the two rarely communicate efficiently. After you check messages in the app, FB profile will still show a messages notification. On top of that every time you use it asks for notifications to be turned on (why? When FB should be notifying you?) and asking for permission for microphone and camera. The app drains battery power when you do have notifications turned on especially in group chats—pinging every time there is a new comment. I’m not sure what a good use for this app is—it should be reintegrated back into Facebook and allow users to check messages from the web based platform.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 281.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.