The Halo clinical communication and collaboration platform simplifies communication, so clinicians can focus on care. One mobile (or web) application provides role-based secure messaging, voice communication and critical alert notification along with on-call schedule management. Halo can also integrate with all hospital clinical systems to allow instant access to existing on-call schedules, critical and clinical teams, call center messages, critical lab results, and others. Regardless of your role or department, Halo allows you to communicate the right information to the right people in real-time.
Halo Key Features:
• Unlimited HIPAA-compliant secure messaging with automatic message status updates (Sent/Delivered/Read)
• Attach high-resolution photos, audio, video and documents
• Off-duty and auto-forward settings redirect critical messages when you’re unavailable
• User defined groups and organization defined distribution lists allow quick and efficient communication to multiple recipients
• Receive critical alerts from nurse call systems, PACS/labs, EHR’s and others directly on your mobile device
• Schedule management tool (admin only) creates real-time systemwide on-call schedules
• Role-based communication allows you to contact who’s on-call and available right now to assist (individuals or teams) via secure text messaging or voice calls
• Can operate on all devices and platforms commonly found in healthcare systems – smartphones, dumbphones, pagers, workstations on wheels, desktop computers and more.
Thank you for using the Halo Health Clinical Collaboration Platform (now part of symplr). This will be the last release for 2022 and includes the following updates:
￮ When messaging individuals, see their logged-in status visually.
￮ When messaging teams, double-tapping the team will show all members with new display items.
￮ Team members will now also show their current logged-in status, messaging status (if any), and ability to call them.
￮ Logout Screen redesign with different layouts based on specific user permissions
￮ Passcode area and flow resigned with a more straightforward configuration, easier use, and cleaner look.
￮ Several fixes from the above areas during the redesign.
￮ Performance improvement with more optimized code.
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t beat the convenience of being able to contact almost anyone in the hospital whenever I need to. I work with a lot of different teams so it’s great to be able to have a quick conversation with someone I’ve never met before and will probably never talk to again and don’t need to worry about getting their cell number.
Downside is that not everyone who has it actually uses it, or they only use the desktop version thus don’t see messages. I have sent messages to users before only to find out later that “oh that Dr doesn’t use his doc halo.” Would be great if it could in some way be indicated if a user had been inactive for, say, more than 10 days or only uses desktop version. Also, slow and glitchy lately. Suddenly I’m not getting read receipts anymore for conversations with just one other person?
Needs to be compatible with Apple CarPlay, STAT
This app works well in all other situations except when I’m driving. I can’t hear the chime when my phone is connected to CarPlay. I have to occasionally glance at my iPhone to see whether I’ve been contacted. Please fix ASAP.
I do appreciate that the app is compatible with my Apple Watch. I’d love to be able to see the full message on my Watch so I don’t have to open my phone. Minor inconvenience, though.
The standard DocHalo chime doesn’t wake me up at night, but thankfully the chime can be changed easily.
The “off-duty” selection is a lifesaver when I’m off.
Overall, great app, just needs compatibility with CarPlay, ASAP.
Love this app for work and communicating with staff. However would love the ability to message them back via my Apple Watch.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Halo Health, Inc.
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2022 SYMPLR