+++ The sheet music & fake book reader / organizer for your iPad +++
This feature rich music score tool provides you with some unique capabilities:
• intelligent layout of your scores as you play
• no page turnings required and no distracting scrolling
• assign music to your score and
• easily sync the music with your score - tap on a bar to listen to the music at that bar
• play back the music at a slower tempo for practicing and/or change the pitch
• with support for many popular fake books you're best prepared for the next session - better than your old gig books.
• Calypso also knows 100+ Aebersold PDFs. Assign your audio to the music score and learn the jazz.
Please note that Calypso does not provide you the fake book or Aebersold PDFs!
• put all your music sheets into your iPad
• organize your scores into pretty looking song books
• make set lists and mail them to your bandmates
• record your practices and play it back to your teacher
• annotate your teacher's hints or your conductor's instructions
• take a photo of new scores right at your rehearsal
INTELLIGENT PAGE LAYOUT
The unparalleled feature of Calypso Score is its intelligent page layout capability. Thus your iPad is even better than your paper sheets: when you have to jump back or ahead over several pages, Calypso Score automatically does layout the sheets in such a way, that you may see the bars both before and after the jump! Watch the demo at www.calypso-score.com.
Calypso Score is designed to do a really good job without the need of external page turner devices. But Calypso Score also supports both Bluetooth and MIDI devices.
You can assign music from your iPod library and easily synchronize it with your music score. Thus you tap on a bar of your score to hear the music at that bar. Sync your play-a-long music with the scores. Or simply scan your school book and sync the scores with its included audio CD.
You can record your music as you play on a gig or during your exercises. Then, as with synced audio, tap on any bar to hear the recording at that position.
Even better, you may playback any recording at a slower speed and/or change the pitch. This is a great feature for practicing with playalongs.
SHEET MUSIC ORGANIZER
Organize all your sheets within song books. Easily and quickly make set lists. Name your sets. Rearrange your sets. Quickly mark your songs with colored labels. Annotate your scores with text, drawings and many musical symbols.
FAKE BOOKS & AEBERSOLDS
But, there is one more thing ...: Calypso Score currently knows many popular fake books! Scan your own fake books or get a copy of them from the many sources in the net and import them to Calypso. You then have direct access to all titles of those PDFs. You may also search for a title within all your fake books.
You can easily adjust existing indexes to your PDF in case of missing or additional pages.
Or make an index of your own PDF files.
(again: no fake books are provided for obvious reasons)
SHARE WITH YOUR BANDMATES
Everything in Calypso can be shared: the music scores, (synchronized) recordings, complete song books, set lists and your own PDF indexes. Share over iCloud, Dropbox, WiFi, Bluetooth, iTunes or mail.
This is a rather big update with new features and some mostly minor bug fixes. If you are interested in the details, below is an almost complete list of what changed.
Next comes up some minor neat features some Calypso users requested. And in the summer of 2020, you'll get some really great stuff. Stay tuned!
Let me all thank you for your continuing feedback to improve your best music score & fake book reader.
- this version adopts the dark mode of iOS 13. But you might still use the original color scheme
- you now have access to files of other apps on your iPad and to all clouds, you're connected to.
- you can now collapse each set of your setlists (by request). This offers a whole new way of managing your setlists.
- the list view on the left inherits the modern look of iOS 10+ with an imbedded search field.
- in the fake book viewer, you can now search for all compositions of a composer.
- the files viewer offers a selector for 'PDF', 'Audio', 'Calypso' files in addition to 'All'.
- the new teaching mode disables some gestures only needed on stage. When teaching mode is on, you can tap onto the score and Calypso won't do anything (not turn pages, start listener or hide bars). If you want to use this nice feature, you have to enable this button in the settings.
- new option in the settings for all violin players to show the number 0-4 instead of 1-5 in the symbols palette
- when syncing audio to your scores, the sync mark now is visible immediately after having touched a bar. This is an important feedback of Calypso to user interaction and was missing for a long time
- iOS 13: transparent toolbar if band mode button wasn't visible (very weird, I'm glad I could find a workaround)
- iOS 13: footer text in settings table is now wrapped in iOS 13
- iOS 13: annotations were wrongly placed when the song was opened in landscape orientation
- fixed some bugs when editing the sheet layout with two-finger gestures
- fixed a bug when erasing line segments of your draw annotations
- fixed a bug that disallowed the erasing of a line segment consisting of a single dot
- fixed missing page-turner support for zoomed pages in fake books
- fixed some tweaks when editing annotations
- fixed some tweaks when editing the metadata of a list entry
- fixed some visual tweaks with new iPads (without a home button)
- fixed a rarely occurring wrong and erratic songs subview of a composition
- handling of quickly zooming is now much improved
- improved songbook icon
If you need support or have any questions, don't hesitate and write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best sheet music app ever!
I am a full time professional gigging musician. I used to use multiple binders filled with charts to go to gigs with. After trying every other sheet music app I could find, and not being happy, I almost gave up. I then found Calypso Score and I couldn't be happier! From syncing music with backing tracks for soloist to eliminate page turns, to sharing music with band members, this app does everything! Getting this app has helped me improve my performances and, in turn, allowed me to raise my prices. If you are a serious gigging musician, you owe it to yourself to get this app. Finally, the customer service is second to none. I can't even say the last time I received such great customer service, this is amazing top to bottom!
Very hard to use
I bought the app to organize my charts in set lists for my gigs. I spent the good part of a day trying to figure out how to use it, but got nowhere. It’s infuriating that we can’t get our money back when buying these kinds of apps. Don’t waste your money.
I am now using forScore, that is easier to use and gives me more options.
I was really surprised by this app. It far exceeded my expectations. I have been a user of ForScore and really liked it, used an air turn Bluetooth pedal to turn pages, and thought I had found the Holy Grail of music score apps.
Calypso Score has caused me to make a significant change. I am moving all of my music from forScore to Calypso. It is an amazing application and you really need to check it out. It does have a steep learning curve, but the documentation is excellent.
Just the ability to set up music for automatic page turns is worth the price of the app. I have just barely scratched the surface of what it can do. Get this app. You will love it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.