Easy Cooking Timer lets you time the items in your meal so that they all finish together. Simply enter the details of the steps and times for the items in your meal and the app will calculate when each step needs to start.
You can start cooking immediately or choose a meal end time. The timers run in the background so you can turn off your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch or use other apps while your meal is cooking.
• Displays a timer for each step in your meal, showing when the step will start.
• Quickly see when the meal will be ready and when the next step will start.
• Audio and visual alerts warn you when a step needs to be performed.
• Hands-free operation to avoid getting your screen dirty.
Manage your meals:
• Store the details for as many different meals as you want.
• Need to eat by 6pm? View meal times as the time the meal will be ready if you start cooking now.
• Hungry for chicken? Search meals by meal name, item name or both.
• Duplicate meals/items or copy items/steps from other meals to quickly create combinations.
• Quickly see which step starts next and how long until the meal is ready.
• Tap a step to open the main app.
Apple Watch app:
• View cooking timer and notifications.
***** "Perfect for those big complicated meals where everything needs different cooking times or where there are many stages to a dish. I looked at several different apps which claimed to do similar kind of thing, but none had depth of functionality, nor the ease of use and streamlined interface of this one." — littlesquidge, UK.
***** "Best cooking timer I can find, with clear sequential steps throughout the whole process!" — Midamoor, UK.
***** "It does one thing and one thing well and is probably the best 'kitchen' timer on the App Store for cooking." — Orca1910, UK.
***** "Excellent app, very simple to set up and has multiple stages built in. Visually clear and perfect for a big meal like Christmas." — BT2203, Ireland.
If you would like more information please visit https://hacknicity.com/easycookingtimer where you can read the User Guide and a Tutorial to get a feel for how the app works before you buy.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Notifications are marked as Time Sensitive to allow them to break through a Focus.
If you find Easy Cooking Timer useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it to family, friends and colleagues. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for timing meals!
Does everything it says it does and more. I have just two recommendations for improvements:
- Share between devices and/or exporting feature. I’ve created a lot of meals that I would like to send to my wife.
- Identifying a step as active or inactive time. For example, if I put something in the oven for :20, I can complete steps for other items while it’s cooking. This will then give a more accurate completion time for the entire meal.
Those two items would easily make this a five star app for me.
I love the idea of this app! I was sold with the description. After downloading and using it to create some recipes, the timers and alerts on my iPhone 6s and Apple Watch were incredibly useful! But I found some room for improvement.
A sync or share function would allow me to create recipes on my iPad and send it to my iPhone.
A pause function would also be useful in case something takes longer to cook.
A bunch of clutter
Luckily a couple bucks, but a lot of trouble and steps you can’t sort or move in edit menus buried in sub menus and timers that look like steps and vice versa. You become more concerned with planning and organizing your menu than just getting the cooking going or making a paper list. For me, it had a learning curve and didn’t work for my purposes. Maybe that’s just not how I work in the kitchen. Will delete so it’s not another timer app weighing down my screen space.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Geoff Hackworth
- 3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Hacknicity
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.