Take the KOCO 5 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Oklahoma City and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the KOCO 5 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Oklahoma City breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our KOCO 5 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Oklahoma City weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Oklahoma City weather alerts and updates, First Alert Weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs updating more frequently
I love channel 5 news and want to live this app, BUT...it’s so infuriating to see the 4:30am weather forecast still posted at 9pm. Happened again the other day. When no rain was predicted, but it’s obviously raining, it would be swell to see an updated report.
The same thing happens with news stories on the weekends. Don’t you employ someone to update news? Quit advertising that you offer the latest up-to-the-minute news and weather on your app. You don’t. Please do better.
Hard to navigate and repetitive page jumping
I get very frustrated with this app when I am trying to read a story and go back to the main page. Every time I go back to the main page from a story I clicked on to read, it flips back to the beginning of the information provided instead of where I had clicked onto the page to read a story. I have to flip down through so much information to get back to where I was when I clicked on a story to read. Makes me just give up and move on to other news apps that I don’t have to keep flipping through the information to get through all the news etc that I want to look to.
It’s also doesn’t get updated much as sometimes there are stories that are on the site several days/weeks.
I enjoy the site and notifications
I thoroughly enjoy the site especially the notifications. You wait until you get facts then you put out a notification. Some stations give you notifications before they know the story and are notifying you every few minutes to update you. This can be annoying especially when you are at work (yes I can have my phone out at work). I like all personalities on the Starion. As for the actual site itself it is little hard to find what you want at first but once you find it you can always find it. Thanks KOCO for doing a good job.
- Hearst Television
- 76.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Ohio/Oklahoma Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of KOCO-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.