Economy picking (aka Sweep Picking) is a whole new world of unique possibilities and technical achievements on a guitar. It is hard to imagine a guitarist, who would not want to achieve a technical perfection :) . EP gives you an ability to reach the shortest way of mastering the secrets of performing art! Fonexsis integrates all existing licks of EP in one single application for you!
●● Economy picking technique is a combination of Sweep picking and Alternate picking technique. Sweep picking is a technique that allows guitarists to play exercises rapidly by picking two or more strings in the same direction (up or down) with a single stroke. Alternate picking is a guitar playing technique that employs strictly alternating down and up picking strokes in a continuous run. The aim is to minimize movement in the right hand, in contrast with alternate-picking technique.
Here is a brief list of guitarists, who used to apply EP technique in their songs: Tosin Abasi, Frank Gambale, Yngwie Malmsteen, Les Paul, Eric Johnson, Jan Akkerman, Chet Atkins, Vinnie Moore, Michael Angelo. Modern metal style guitarists: Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert, Bruce Bouillet, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Richie Kotzen.
By having this app, you will not need to buy a numerous guitar video lessons. This app is also giving you a material to learn rhythm (3/4, 9/4, 5/4 measures etc), as well as musical theory material (modes, arpeggio, sequences).
There's no analogue in App Store!!!
Economy Picking Guitar School
● 562 different economy picking exercises (incl. Sequences, Arpeggios, Neo-classic and 12 Tone Sequences) !
● Each can be transposed to any desired key by dragging the notes with your finger!
● Open strings exercises featured, which can also be transposed on a guitar by using a capodaster (capo)
● Every exercise is provided with corresponding optimal fingering and a sequence of strokes, showing you necessary strokes for every note of the exercise. These strokes (pick up, pick down, pull-off, hammer on, slide) are provided to help you to achieve high speed arpeggios and sequences playing. Please read the info page inside this application for detailed description on every stroke.
● Voice helper function helps you in learning by speaking the strokes during playback in slow tempo and when in Step mode (3 voice types selectable)
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which a current exercise can be played. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary. You can also use given chord progressions for your compositions.
● Cursor can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Notes can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Degree indicator. It allows you to learn exercise's scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Step-by-step note playback in both directions for more detailed learning or exercises
● Metrotone feature with adjustable tempo and time signature, includes different measures
● Metrotone pre count feature with different adjustable settings
● Adjustable volume balance between harmony and guitar solo sounds
● Two guitar sound banks (Acoustic and Distortion) to select
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Reverb FX for guitar sounds
● Master Tune option
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● iPhone X support
● Guitar Driller integration support
Note: please don't forget to launch this app at least one time to make it available in Guitar Driller's "My Content" list.
● All Fonexsis applications are supported by free updates
- 2 new exercises added to library;
- minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Hands-down the best practice tool I've found. The variety of exercises and the accompanying chords make practicing much more enjoyable -it feels much more like practicing music than any other method I've tried. Worth every penny that you pay for it. Try the free version and see for yourself.
This is my favorite practice tool for working on economy picking. I have purchased most of these apps at this point. They are expensive, but if you compare the price to taking a single guitar lesson, this is a way better approach. I have made tons of progress with my picking technique using these apps!
All of the guitar apps I've bought from Fonexis have been exactly what I wanted. This one doesn't disappoint. I've always needed to do a better job economizing my picking and the exercises here give me the tools I need.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.