Develop your tiny village to a grand medieval empire with a thriving economy and happy villagers! Find spots for mining ore, harvest the crops of your farms and collect coins as taxes from your folk. Build jousting fields, taverns, marketplaces and beautify your city with impressive statues, magnificent monuments, and lush gardens. But there are also dangers lurking close by. Bandits are in the area, looking to plunder and pillage your peaceful town. Build barracks, guard towers and recruit brave soldiers to protect your citizens from harm. You rule the whole empire from your castle and make sure your inhabitants have fun and stay happy!
- PLAY WITHOUT ADS!
- City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- Cute inhabitants with their own daily routines
- Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- Dozens of different town and production buildings
- Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- Meaningful seasons and weather effects
- Devastating disasters like fire, disease, drought and many more
- Diverse scenarios and challenging tasks
- Unrestricted sandbox gameplay mode
- Game Center support
Fixed problem that latest iOS devices were using low resolution graphics accidentally
Ratings and Reviews
This game reminds me a lot of Heritage of the Kings where you have to wisely manage your city and resources, and I love that about this. I am also a developer, and I truly appreciate the time and effort that went into this.
However, I don't appreciate the following things:
- I paid for the ad-free version of this game, yet it always boots with an ad.
- There's a bug in the election campaign where you're supposed to build marketplace stands, yet no matter which type and how many you build, the quest counter stays at zero. You cannot complete this quest. Frustrating, to say the least. [EDIT: This is not a bug, you have to hit the arrows until you see the flashing stall in order for it to count toward the quest. Leaving this in case it helps someone else.]
A certain level of greed
Townsmen Premium, a paid app. No ads, except for the one advertising the company's other games that shows every time you start. Or the regular pop-ups offering to alleviate the time drag at $5 each to give you unlimited time speeding up the game or gaining the XP to open the rest of the game. Then there's the prestige system. I don't like it, it feels cheaty, and a big greedy. I can get tax collectors and repairmen to take care of the town, but they require prestige, aka real money, to run. I think this game could have been so much, instead they cropped it and put in an IAP currency system. I hear the Steam version is a pay-once game with no prestige, but I don't feel like paying a second time for the game I should have gotten the first.
Oh, and some of the scenarios are a bit grindy and annoying, especially with the plague popping up for no reason. I really want to like this... 😢
Addendum: In addition to not being able to shut off the "quest" to sell you more money, the constant reminders of full inventories, and such, especially with no one trying to fill them are ridiculous. There's so much more this game could be...
I absolutely love this game!
However, your constant pestering is annoying AF. I totally support developers earning pay for their work (I’m a game dev myself), and I’m happy to give you my money for this great game. BUT when I pay to download something ad-free, I expect a hassle-free gameplay experience. I bought unlimited speed-up too, because it’s a feature I wanted, and I don’t mind the price. BUT I don’t want double XP, and I really do NOT want you to beg me to buy it every two freaking minutes. Take NO for an answer, please. Same with asking for reviews. Take no for an answer and don’t constantly harass your paying customers by not giving them a ‘never’ option. I want to play the game without interruption. And why show ads when opening the game first thing when you sold me an ad-free game? You took my money and didn’t deliver your promise. It doesn’t make it ok just because your advertising your own games. This game is great enough to make plenty of money on its own merits, without you tarnishing it was cheesy used car-salesman tactics. You are great devs, and you are better than this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 130.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2020 www.handy-games.com GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Small Prestige Pack $1.99
- Medium Prestige Pack $8.99
- Fast forward $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.