Imgur is the easiest way to discover spicy memes, pets in sweaters, awe-inspiring science facts, video game Easter eggs, and all the rest of the Internet’s most entertaining stuff. Your phone is about to get a whole lot funnier.
• We're proud to have a community where anyone can post a picture of a corgi butt and be Internet-famous the very same day. Cast your vote to decide what goes viral.
• Every minute there’s a fresh batch of posts that will make you smile and restore your faith in humanity.
• Explore your passions. Movies, comics, puns, cosplay, art, fail GIFs, board games, First World problems, Pokemon. Whatever you’re into, you’ll find more of it on Imgur.
• Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? You will now.
PICK UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF
• This update resolves a big complaint we’ve been hearing the past few months! The app now saves its last position, so you can pick up where you leave off. If you swap to What's App to send your mom a GIF, you'll pick back up on that post when you flip back to Imgur. Mom gets her GIFs, you get your full dose of Imgur.
Ratings and Reviews
Not what it used to be
Imgur, after being a member for 4 years I deleted my account and your app from my devices. I used your product to catch a laugh and see some cool stuff. Now, I sort through political bogus constantly and your app is nothing like what it was. I am afraid to say, your community has become a political breeding ground for bias news and unchecked facts. (And I don’t even support Trump but some of that stuff on there is just putting noise in people’s heads. It’s close to the election so I understand it’s a front page topic, but the negativity toward Trump with not one opposing view or slight toward the other side is shameful.)
I will return should your rules change to sort out political nonsense. Until then, I wish you the best in your communities future.
Memes, Politics, Vitriol
Let’s just start off by saying it’s no longer what it used to be. I joined imgur in 2014 after a year or so of lurking. Imgur was in its prime, constant newly shared content, memes, etc. The point based system was addicting and trying to share new and funny things to connect with the community was exciting. Eventually though, it strayed away from being an exciting, open and accepting community to one of a single purpose, “you’re either with us or against us, you either agree with us, or we’re going to erase you from the platform.” I’m not talking about the developers and creators, I’m talking about the community. The community has essentially destroyed what imgur once was. These days imgur is strictly about politics and making sure you’re on their side and you agree with their policies more so than about connecting people and sharing content. If you join imgur I suggest staying off the front page as it is full of anger, hatred and vitriol, if you disagree with someone they will make sure others attack you for what you believe in. Imgur is no longer an accepting community, but a haven for rude and insensitive people looking to tear down whatever it is you believe in.
Sad & Infuriating
I know not everyone on imgur is a complete imbecile, but the majority of people appear to always be the ones who are rash, rude, salty, bitter, disrespectful, asinine, and belligerent. They’re the types of people you want to knock unconsciousness through the screen, and they’re always behaving like they have a barbed metal pole shoved up their rear end. These aren’t smart people, and they’re not friendly either, which makes the developers of this app even worse for not weeding them out, or giving them a warning at the very least.
Parents need to take away their disabled and/or young child’s phone, and make sure they don’t have access to the imgur app, but then again, it’s imgur’s fault for ignoring their community. The reporting system is the most inferior method of handling a community I’ve ever seen in my life. I wish I could give less than one star, or a negative star.
And one more thing! My internet works perfectly fine with literally every other app, except imgur. The capacity randomly takes a titanic dump for seemingly no reason, and I can’t post anything for the longest time. This app is utterly pathetic, and I’m deleting it as soon as I’m done typing this review.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Imgur, Inc.
- 80.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Imgur, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.