Anchor Alarm monitors your anchored boat, and alerts you when it moves out of your defined region. Set and forget: Anchor Alarm works in the background to maintain anchor watch AND let you simultaneously use your iPhone/iPad for other purposes too. Anchor Alarm will alert you if it detects excursions beyond your set boundaries.
Powerful but easy to use: to start an anchor watch session, simply tap the "Drop Anchor" button. This app contains new and very powerful monitoring features, including the following:
• Supports remote monitoring of your boat, so now you can monitor your boat, live, from anywhere in the world*
• Easily configure your protection circle: View your geo-fenced zone on a map and easily adjust your protected region in real-time with immediate visual feedback.
• Operates in the background: Allows you full use your iPhone or iPad while diligently performing its Anchor Watch duties in the background; Play music or games with your device, ok to use other apps: Anchor Alarm unobtrusively maintains anchor watch in the background.
• Works even when you mute or close your device or put its screen to sleep.
• Supports full remote monitoring AND tracking of your boat - play back your boat's track*
• Store and keep track of your GPS position of your favorite anchorages*
• Choose from multiple different alert sound options; When an anchor alarm is triggered this app will be sure to get your attention with its many alert options
• When an alert is triggered, you can snooze the alarm, widen your geo-fence, or simply 'raise anchor'.
• And many more features...
With the Remote Monitoring and Tracking* features, the usefulness of the app is greatly increased:
• Share your live location and tracks automatically with anyone anywhere in the world.
• Your authorized viewers will be able to see you movements live via a secure web browser.
• Remotely monitor and track all authorized (and unauthorized) movements of your boat: track your boat's precise location with high accuracy
• Remotely play back your anchor session tracks with time histories of positions, speeds with direction, and battery status
Anchor Alarm includes a large amount of functionality, some contained within the App, some accessible only when used remotely, from a computer or another mobile device with internet access.
• To start an anchor watch session, tap the "Drop Anchor" button.
• If desired, adjust your alert zone with the provided slider, or enter it directly. Note: default geo-fence radius units are feet, but you can change the units to meters, nautical miles, miles or kilometers via the app's Settings module.
• To end your anchor watch session, tap on the "Raise Anchor" button.
• Activate Remote Monitoring from either the Remote Monitoring module or the Settings module of this app.
• To remotely monitor your current anchor session in live mode, first activate remote monitoring, then start an anchor session. A "Share" button will appear on the main screen of this app. Tap on this button to share the Remote Access URL for the current anchor session.
• To view or share both current and past anchor sessions, select the anchoring session you want to share from the "Remote Monitor" module of this app, then select the "Share Track via Email" or "Share Track via SMS" option.
To view and/or modify other settings of this app, please select the "Settings Module".
- This app can, and does operate in background-mode, for iOS devices with version 4.0 or higher software. If you have version 4.0 or higher operating system on your iPhone or iPad, you can return to the home screen after starting the Tracking Mode on this app, for a silent background operation.
- *Remote monitoring and tracking features require an in-app purchase to activate.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend you plug in your device for extended monitor sessions.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does not function as advertised.
I recently purchased this app with the hopes that it would alert me if I came off of anchor.
I noticed at one point my average drift according to the app well over 350 feet, this was impossible as I only have a total of 175 feet of Anchorline with less than 30 of it in the water, but never received any alerts or alarms. I was anchored in 10 feet of water and had 25 feet of Anchorline out, my drift was well over 15 feet, I intentionally set my anchor alarm for 5 feet and closed the app for several minutes during my drift and received no alerts or alarms.
I would not recommend this app or trusted dependability.
This is my 3rd( and hopefully, last) anchor alarm app that I have. This is by far the best! The alarm itself is great- easy to set up and deploy. Functions well with my iPhone or iPad. But the real advantage is it's ability to have remote monitoring. The extra cost is so worth it. Want to leave your boat at anchor and go ashore? No problem. I set my iPad as the alarm device. Plug it in and go. I can see my boats position in real time on my iPhone or other internet capable device. I can monitor my boat at it's slip from home. Set the geofence and you will be notified if it moves. Once it does, you have a track and current position to tell the authorities. Can't beat this app!
Unsuitable for serious boaters
This app requires cell ph service to function. If you're anchored in a remote area where there is no cell service, it will not work. If you're in an area where cell service is weak, a signal drop out will cause the app to stop functioning. Not good!
- Ndili Technologies, Inc
- 61.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ndili Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remote Monitoring $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.