iPeng 9.7 now brings iOS 13 support to the Squeezebox. Use the system-wide dark mode setting to control iPeng's color scheme, too!
iPeng 9.7.2 works with VoiceOver again!
iPeng 9, the music remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™, has been designed for the latest iOS versions and fully supports all iPhone and iPad form factors.
iPeng 9 is a remote control app that will work all over your home with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch.
You can also purchase an additional playback capability as an In-App-Purchase that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a full-blown music player for your Squeezebox Server or Roon Server.
*** New in iPeng 9 ***
• Support of iPhone 11, Pro, X/XS and XS Max
• Latest Apple Watch support including Series 5, under watchOS 3 and newer
• Today Widget to use iPeng in Notification Center and on the lock screen.
• Full multitasking support on iPad and iPad Pro, including Split View and Slide Over under iOS 9 and newer.
*** What’s new compared to iPeng Classic? ***
* Full Support of latest iOS Versions *
• iPeng has been redesigned, matching Apple's flat UI design for an up-to-date appeal, and uses a modernized platform and code base for continuous support of new iOS features.
* Universal App *
• iPeng 9 is a universal app for both iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, so you only have to purchase the app once. Older iPeng versions had separate apps for iPhone and iPad.
* Customizable *
• The customizable main menu allows you to show different menu items in your top level menu or hide things that you don’t need.
• Change the structure of your main menu through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
• You can select a bright or dark color scheme for iPeng, and iPeng can even automatically select it based on your lighting conditions.
* Easier Multi-Room Control *
• The redesigned MultiPlayer Control simplifies handling many players.
• QuickSwitch lets you move playlists from one player to another easily with a swipe of your finger.
• Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player and change other player settings in the player details.
• Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag-and-drop or a toolbar.
• Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
* Manage Playlists and Favorites *
• View, save, change and rearrange not only your current playlist but also saved playlists and favorites.
* Works with Logitech Squeezebox and compatible players *
• iPeng 9 works with all Logitech Squeezebox Players as well as many Squeezebox-compatible players like Innuos Zen, the SOtM sMS-1000SQ and sMS-100 or VortexBox players.
• With iPeng Playback, iPeng also works as a player with Roon.
*** Enjoy the familiar features and comfort of iPeng. ***
* Easy and Fast to Use *
• The functionality of iPeng is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
• Built-in Tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
* Explore Your Music Library (1) *
• Browse your own files by categories like Albums, Artists, Genres or simply search for your music.
* Explore Remote Services *
• You get access to a whole world of internet radio and music services like Rhapsody™ and Spotify™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library.
* Use 3rd Party Plugins (2) *
• iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™, e.g. CustomBrowse, TrackStat, Music and Artist Information and many more.
* Use MySqueezebox.com *
• iPeng 9 doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
Note: This does not apply to the Playback functionality.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) LogitechMedia Server/Squeezebox Server version 7.5 or newer available for free from mysqueezebox.com/download or downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/
(2) Installation of 3rd party plugins in Logitech Media Server required.
iPeng 9.7.4 includes the following fixes:
* Another fix for scrolling issue in Player/Server list
iPeng 9.7.3 includes the following fixes:
* Scrolling issues in Player/Server list and Current Playlist fixed
iPeng 9.7.2 includes the following fixes:
* Player selection in iOS 13 with and without VoiceOver
* Crash when trying to unsync on iPad on iOS 13.3
* Some new icons
* Add online library rescan option for LMS 8
iPeng 9.7.1 fixes an issue where the MultiPlayer control wasn't reachable through VoiceOver. Sorry this took so long to fix.
- Faster artist image rendering with LMS 7.8 and newer
- Some entry fields had wrong coloring in dark mode
- Help screens work better on iPhone X/11
- Improved modal dialogs
iPeng 9.7 supports iOS 13's dark mode. The "automatic" color scheme setting in iPeng (the default) now lets iPeng use the system-wide dark mode setting for choosing the scheme.
It also contains iOS 13-related bug fixes and some minor improvements e.g. to handling of lock-screen widget commands.
iPeng 9.6.1's design has been adapted to the new iPad Pro, iPhone XS Max and the Apple Watch Series 4.
It supports the new iPad screen sizes and the homebuttonless user interface.
It contains some bug fixes, particularly for older Apple Watches and minor improvements like a sorted player list.
The following features of Apple Watch Series 4 have been supported since iPeng 9.6:
• multicolored complications
• adjustment of complications to the curves of the dial
• more formats for complications
Ratings and Reviews
Solid, beautifully designed
I recently set up a piCore Player with Allo Digione HAT, and I use iPeng exclusively to access my music library. Having never used Roon or anything similar, I have nothing to compare it to except itself. So far, it’s a joy to use. I was surprised to find that it displays additional data that I know didn’t come from the CD metadata. For example, you can find pull up individual tracks under the name of the artist who wrote them (example: search for Dan Wilson and you can pull up the songs he wrote for Adele). I can’t evaluate some of the deeper features, of which there appear to be many, because my needs are not complex. But suffice to say, I love the flexibility and ease of use, and hope the developer continues to support it for a long time to come.
Still the Best Network Music Player
In 2001 I purchased a Slim Devices, Inc Squeezebox 3 network music player. It was, and in my mind -- still is the perfect system to control my audio system. It is now 2019, and I am still listening to my enormous music collection of more than 3000 albums loaded on my server thanks to the fabulous work of the iPeng apps’ developer.
My ancient Squeezebox 3 remote device still works, and my older iPads are scattered around my home providing additional remote feed of my music server over Wi-Fi to my multi-room audio systems. I can remote control all this music and select my playlists for each room using my iPhone. Through the years, the iPeng developer has kept up with all the advances of iOS and iPeng serves my music listening needs perfectly. Thank you for this excellent app!
Great app for managing my music and players on my Logitech Music Server. It’s just about the only app out there with a clean, streamlined interface. It is not constantly shoving ads down my face. No ads, just my music. Briefly downloaded Roon to try, but was instantly turned off by the fact that you can’t even sort your artists in a simple list, you have to scroll through them in a gallery image format. IPeng simply gives me all of the control and manipulation of my music and it’s on interface that I could ever want.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Du!Business GmbH
- 41.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2018 PenguinLovesMusic.com
- In-App Purchases
- iPeng Playback $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.