Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you to focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep the text centered.
Featured by Apple in “Best New Apps”, “Train Your Brain” and "Read Something New" sections
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
"Speed Between the Lines" — WSJ
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
- Speed read by following the highlighter along the page (Highlighting Mode) or by keeping the focused phrase in the center of the screen (Flashing Mode - Rapid Serial Visual Presentation)
- Exercise to improve your peripheral vision, eidetic memory, short-term memory and chunking ability.
- Add webpages from Safari or other apps using share extension
- Paste text or add from a URL
- Sync your library, preferences and reading stats between your devices
- Adjust the reading speed and chunk length (length of text you read at once)
- Selection of fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- See images included in text (even during speed reading)
- Pleasant reading experience improving comprehension and concentration for people with dyslexia, ADD and ADHD
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Everything is always with you, even offline
- Read free classic novels from the built-in catalog
- Sync with Pocket and Instapaper
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub)
- Add PDF, Microsoft Word, RTF and TXT documents
- Higher reading speed up to 1,500 words per minute
- Reader themes: Black & White (great for OLED), Sepia and Gray
- DRM-protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
Terms and Conditions: https://outreadapp.com/terms.html
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at email@example.com
- Redesigned Library screen.
- Redesigned Discover screen
- Redesigned table of contents on the Reader screen. It'll now also automatically show sections for articles and documents that don't include table of contents.
- Search within an item's contents on the Reader screen. Access it from the bottom-left button (iPhone) or the button next to the back button on iPad and Mac.
- New Automatically Match to Speed option that adjusts Chunk Length (how many characters/words you see at a time) when you change your speed. (It's disabled when you update from the previous version of Outread.)
- Action extension Save to Outread for adding URLs to Outread.
Also includes fixes for many bugs. If you notice any issues or have new ideas please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Update: I’ve given it a few weeks now and I have significantly improved my reading speed. I love how easy it is to import articles and books. However, there’s already a good library of books included in the app, so users may not even need to import any books. I recommend this app for increasing reading speed without losing comprehension.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we don’t sell your data. Our only revenue stream is in-app purchases. We use Google Firebase only for anonymous product analytics that aren’t tied to your identity.
In the current version of Outread all your actual content (documents, books, etc.) stays on the device. We’ll be introducing an optional cloud sync and backup feature in a future update – if you decide to use it, your content will be synced through our own server. If you have any other questions, you can always reach us at email@example.com
I’ve tried a lot of readers, but Outread is hands down the best. I browse The NYT and Washington Post for articles of interest. Using the Share extension I can quickly and seamlessly add them to Outread. I do most of my reading using the Spritz method, and Outread has added some fantastic features such as customizable settings for the length of pauses at the end of sentences, after commas, etc. You can sort the items in your list alphabetically, by length of article, or by items most recently added. The developers have really thought of everything to facilitate the reading process. There is even a good collection of classics you can read for free.
Amazing for ADHD
The branding is focused on speed reading but the app itself is wonderful for my reading struggles. It’s so customizable, I can adjust to what I need to focus. The new centered text highlighting mode is amazing and the ability to scan books and papers and then read them in-app is SO useful for me!
The dev for this app is so awesome as well, when I emailed about how much it helps with my reading abilities with ADHD, he asked for my suggestions and feedback to improve the app even further. 5/5 one of my favorite apps ever 😄
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arkadiusz Holko
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 Arkadiusz Holko
- In-App Purchases
- Outread+ Annual $29.99
- Outread+ Annual Family $49.99
- Outread+ Monthly Family $8.49
- Outread+ Monthly $4.99
- Outread+ Lifetime Family $149.99
- Outread+ Lifetime $89.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.