Story Planner is a focused, flexible app to outline fiction stories. It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, and all kinds of storytellers. And it offers quick and easy-to-use story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases. When you purchase the app, you have access to all features, and we won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever.
Outline Your Stories Your Way
· Configure Story Planner to make it fit your writing and stories. Organize your characters, locations, and plots. Build your scenes step by step, always with your style. With this app, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
· Create as many writing projects as you wish and organize it with tags.
· Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way.
· Create detailed characters, locations, and plot lines for your stories. Add photos to have a complete profile.
· Create the scenes of your story and arrange them by dragging and dropping them into place.
· Quickly create all the elements of the story from within the scene card itself.
· Check your story stats to see your whole story at a glance.
· Organize the elements of your stories by tags to access them every time you need to.
· Choose Dark or Light mode to make writing more comfortable. You can also change the language, font size, and the color theme.
· Open several windows on your iPad and edit different parts of your project or various projects simultaneously.
· Use the keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your iPad and Mac.
· Use the Drag and Drop to add images or move items from one project to another on your iPad and Mac.
Track your Progress
· Set a goal for your projects and configure the Story Planner widgets to see your progress on your home screen. The progress bar will keep you motivated, and you will not lose the flow of your story.
Access Your Projects Everywhere
· Sync your projects between Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
· Projects will sync via iCloud.
· Multiple export options, including Scrivener, Final Draft, pdf, rtf, and txt.
· Automatic backups so that your projects are always safe.
Always Your Projects, Not Ours
· Enable Face/Touch ID protection to keep your projects safe.
· Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case!
· You can backup and restore all notes with just a couple of taps.
Please visit the site storyplanner.app for more information. You can also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @StoryPlannerApp – we're happily awaiting your feedback!
We have put thousands of hours into creating Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews. If you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review, thank you! :)
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have a few requests...
Hi. This is a great app, but I would like to request that the developers fix the photo for character profiles and change it to where we can choose what goes inside the circle, if that makes sense. I would also like to be able to add multiple photos, like maybe the character would have their main profile photo and an option for a small gallery, just to get a better sense of the character when planning our story.
Also I would really appreciate a section devoted to plotting the story because it is so important and sometimes you need an idea of the plot before figuring out the scenes. It would be cool if we could choose our method of plotting (Three-act-structure, etc.) Speaking of scenes, a better outline for the scenes would be great, something to help us keep track of the purpose of the scene, basically just some more in-depth scene cards.
One more thing about scene cards: figuring out the exact time of day and date in each scene can be a hassle if it doesn’t have that big of an impact on the story, and would be much easier if we could just pick the time of day and season. Maybe even the climate?
I hope you take this into consideration for future updates. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Of course we will have your suggestion into consideration for future updates. :) Happy outlining!
Exactly What I Needed
I’ve been searching all over for an app like this — I even googled it. I love how it breaks down each section and subsection of my story so that I don’t miss any details or leave any holes in my plot. That’s exactly what I was looking for. It’s user-friendly, the subtle navigation animations are very fluid, and with the split-screen feature, I can write my scenes and have my character’s bio up at the same time for reference. That way, their characteristics remain consistent throughout the story. Best of all, it’s a one-time purchase, not a monthly subscription (why is that even a thing?) and there aren’t any hidden “premium features” that you pay extra to unlock. The example story that comes with the app is a good reference if you’re not sure what to put in the boxes to build your story. It’s seriously the best app for writers that have trouble structuring all of their ideas into a story that makes sense. It will be the best $5 that you ever invest into your work, believe the hype!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad you like the app and we hope you can write a lot of great stories with Story Planner. :) Happy Outlining!!
A must-have for any writer
I can’t believe this app is free! I have spent money on apps that are less helpful than this. The app allows you to record different details about characters and locations, and even provides a helpful guide explaining different types of characters, scenes, etc. No more searching through what I’ve already written to find out a character’s eye color.
You can tie it all together by adding scenes. I especially found the chronological timeline helpful, which helps you keep track of when your scenes are occurring. You can also record other details including the characters, locations, and type of scene. The statistics are not necessary but I do enjoy looking at my top five characters and locations.
TL;DR - Absolutely necessary for any writer. My whole writing process would not be the same without it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bartolome Masco Lopez
- 30.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014, Literautas
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.