Story Planner is an easy-to-use and yet powerful tool for plotting novels, screenplays, and any fiction story.
It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, RPG masters … All kinds of storytellers! And it offers quick and intuitive story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
No matter if you are a professional writer or just starting. With Story Planner, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
NOVEL & SCREENPLAY ORGANIZER
• Create custom projects to plan fictional stories
• Organize projects by tags
• Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
• Take notes of your ideas within each project
• Easily switch between the different parts of your project
OUTLINE ALL YOUR STORIES
• Get all the elements of your stories linked to each other
• Create detailed characters and locations
• Add images to make a more complete profile
• Organize the plot lines of your stories and assign them a color
• Divide your structure into acts, parts, chapters, or episodes
• Develop the structure scene by scene
• Write your scenes in any order and reorganize later with Drag & Drop
• Track different threads using plot colors and tags
• Assign tags to any element in the story for a better organization
• Quick search and filter tool
• Split-View on your iPad
• Multiple windows on your Mac
• Keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your Mac and iPad
• Look over the whole structure with the Revision Mode
• Check the stats to better understand how your story works
• Set goals and track your progress
• Configure the widgets to see the progress bar on your home screen (on iOS)
• Turn on the info buttons to learn more about the parts of the planning and creative process
• Light and dark modes
• Set your favorite color theme
SAFETY & PRIVACY
• Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case
• Protection by code or Face/Touch ID
• Automatic backups
• Sync your projects via iCloud and access them on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone (iOS and macOS versions available separately)
EXPORT YOUR WORK
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Choose the parts of your project you want to export
• Choose the appearance of the exported files
• Print or create PDF files
• Export to Word
• Export to Scrivener 2 and 3
• Export to Final Draft
• Export to Ulysses (with the Word files option)
ONE PRICE ONLY
• Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases
• When you buy the app, you have access to all features
• We won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever
• Universal for iPad and iPhone.
• macOS version available separately
You can check our Youtube Channel to watch Story Planner in action. You can also visit our website for more information or contact us via email or Twitter. We are always happy to assist you.
• Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
• Website: www.storyplanner.app
• Email: email@example.com
• Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp
We put thousands of hours into developing and improving Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews and always consider your suggestions, so don't hesitate to write to us if you have any thoughts on improving the app. And if you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review. Thank you! :)
- New section for Notes, filtered by tags, within each project.
- Outline View Mode to review the whole structure of your story.
- Complete redesign of the export tool. Now you can choose the appearance of the exported files and the parts of the project that you want to export.
- New settings section within each project, to choose the fields you want to show or hide. You can also select the structure division for each project: Acts, episodes, chapters, or parts.
- New filter option in the search tool for the list of scenes. Now you can filter scenes by completed or not completed.
- Small design changes and several minor bugs fixed.
We hope you enjoy this update. If we made Story Planner a little better for you, we’d really appreciate a rating or even a review in the store! They help us immensely.
Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly What I Needed
I’ve been searching all over for an app like this — I even googled it. I love how it breaks down each section and subsection of my story so that I don’t miss any details or leave any holes in my plot. That’s exactly what I was looking for. It’s user-friendly, the subtle navigation animations are very fluid, and with the split-screen feature, I can write my scenes and have my character’s bio up at the same time for reference. That way, their characteristics remain consistent throughout the story. Best of all, it’s a one-time purchase, not a monthly subscription (why is that even a thing?) and there aren’t any hidden “premium features” that you pay extra to unlock. The example story that comes with the app is a good reference if you’re not sure what to put in the boxes to build your story. It’s seriously the best app for writers that have trouble structuring all of their ideas into a story that makes sense. It will be the best $5 that you ever invest into your work, believe the hype!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad you like the app and we hope you can write a lot of great stories with Story Planner. :) Happy Outlining!!
A must-have for any writer
I can’t believe this app is free! I have spent money on apps that are less helpful than this. The app allows you to record different details about characters and locations, and even provides a helpful guide explaining different types of characters, scenes, etc. No more searching through what I’ve already written to find out a character’s eye color.
You can tie it all together by adding scenes. I especially found the chronological timeline helpful, which helps you keep track of when your scenes are occurring. You can also record other details including the characters, locations, and type of scene. The statistics are not necessary but I do enjoy looking at my top five characters and locations.
TL;DR - Absolutely necessary for any writer. My whole writing process would not be the same without it.
A quick reference outline that keeps excess paper and computer boot ups out of the way
Although I have already created an outline via Microsoft, I immediately inputted that info into this app. It gives me quick access to all notes I need so that I can continue to work on my writing without having to search for hand written notes or toggle back and forth between windows and files on the same computer I’m using to type. It was well worth the small amount of money it costs. If I could rate the app higher I would. Some may like conventional methods (I still use pen and paper when an idea comes to me and I need to jot it down fast), however, the ease of mind knowing where and how easy it is to access information that is critical to your creative work is a godsend.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bartolome Masco Lopez
- 31.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Liternauts
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.