Challenge your friends in the fun strategic word game that combines classic crosswords with the spirit of friendly competition! In Crossly™, two players race to fill the board, earning one point per letter and stealing points from their opponents along the way. Clean design, fluid animations and playful messaging work together to make this the best crosswords experience in the App Store.
- Endless Gameplay: Crossly pulls from tens of thousands of clues to generate unique crossword puzzles on the fly for optimal replay value. No two boards are ever alike!
- Steal & Taunt: When you or your opponent miss a word, the other player may choose to steal for an extra turn and the chance to send a personalized photo Taunt. (In the interest of privacy, Taunts may only be sent between Game Center friends.)
- Peeks: For hard-to-guess clues, you may use one Peek per turn to reveal a letter of your choice. That letter is only visible to the player who initiates the Peek. Bonus Peeks are awarded for completing games and Peek Packs may be acquired via In-App Purchase.
- Penciling: Penciling allows you to work on the board at any time, changing answers and adjusting your strategy as more words are completed. All penciled words are saved, even when your network connection is offline.
- Accessibility: Apple’s VoiceOver technology is fully integrated into every aspect of gameplay, making Crossly one of the most robust crossword experiences for word gamers with visual disabilities.
- Premium Mode: Play unlimited games for free, or unlock Premium Mode for 15 bonus Peeks and colorful themes. Show your love by choosing your own price to upgrade!
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to get stuck during startup.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, bad puzzles
I only play this with people I know, who agree to use only their minds as a resource. No looking things up on the internet, in books, or asking other friends. The app works well, but starting a match can be a little finicky.
We agree to never use peeks, but the stealing mechanic is fun.
All of that is overshadowed by the feeling that the puzzles are simply bad. They seem to be programmatically generated from a database of clues and answers. You end up with puzzles that lack cohesion and are often too difficult due to too much esoterica, rather than being difficult due to cleverness. On top of that, the answers can be poorly constructed and often break NYT crossword conventions.
It crashes when I buy stuff beware I didn’t get my peeks
This is simply the only competitive crossword app of its kind, and it does the job splendidly! There are occasional errors and quite a few very hard questions, but that’s why you have two people playing and it makes it truly competitive, no matter your level. There should more people playing this!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mercury Intermedia, Inc.
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019, Mercury Intermedia, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- "Meh" Premium Upgrade $0.99
- Peek Pack - 5 Peeks $0.99
- Peek Pack - 100 Peeks $4.99
- "It's Cool" Premium Upgrade $1.99
- Peek Pack - 15 Peeks $1.99
- "LOVE" Premium Upgrade $2.99
- Peek Pack - 25 Peeks $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.