If you are using your computer to watch movies or listen to music, this app is for you.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a friendly yet powerful remote control for your computer.
Control your computer from the couch, bed, or even from another room. No line of sight is required - the app uses WiFi to connect to your computer. And you can even use Apple Watch to control your computer - how cool is that?!
Setup is both quick and easy, just download the helper app from my website and install it on your computer and that's it.
The app exists since 2016 and has been downloaded more than 2 million times and received very positive reviews both from users and from the press. It's actively maintained and receives frequent updates with new and exciting features.
- Control media playback in popular apps and websites
- Use your device like computer keyboard and mouse
- See your computer screen on your device
- Control AirPlay output (audio/video) [Mac only]
- Launch and quit apps
- Execute system actions like Sleep, Turn Display Off, and many more
- Open websites
- Schedule and use Siri to execute actions
- Create custom keypads to control apps and websites
- Add custom actions using scripting languages (AppleScript for Mac/Powershell for Windows)
- High customization of the app & widget interface
- History of connected devices for quicker re-connection
- Wake On LAN
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or newer
- PC with Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Free helper app, available at https://cherpake.com/get
- Shared network connection, WiFi or Personal Hotspot, see https://cherpake.com/connect
* [FIX] Now really fixing AirPlay for BigSur
* [NEW] Unlimited number of buttons in the keypads
* [NEW] Keypads button layout to utilize all available space
* [NEW] Landscape mode for keypads
* [FIX] AirPlay control on macOS Big Sur (thanks Lucas Plunkett for letting me know)
* [FIX] Minor UI issues
* [FIX] Widget crash
* [FIX] Minor issues
* [FIX] Changing accent color will cause app to crash
* [FIX] Windows computers not appearing in the widget
* [FIX] Changing themes will not change navigation bar title color
* [FIX] Using white theme will cause some text to disappear
* [REMOVED] Old style widget (pre iOS 14)
* [NEW] Widget customization (background, text/images, and buttons colors)
* [NEW] Transparent widgets (with wallpaper image as background + optional blur)
* [NEW] Launch and schedule Shortcuts on macOS [o_o]
* [FIX] Landscape support for INPUT tab
* [FIX] Cursor tracking in live view
* [FIX] Minor UI issues in Settings
* [FIX] Redesigned settings
* [FIX] Automatically show favorites apps if they exist
* [FIX] More targeted help links
* [FIX] Send Wake On Lan packet to all possible ports (0,7,9)
* [FIX] Minor UI fixes
* [NEW] Send username/password to computer using keyboard enter text button
* [NEW] Create Siri Shortcut with keyboard shortcuts from app Settings -> Siri
* [FIX] Choose between template and original for icons loaded from iCloud for keys in keypads
* [FIX] Update time left for pending actions
* [FIX] More minor UI fixes and improvements
* [FIX] Crash when choosing button color in the keypad editor
* [FIX] Restore favorites for system actions
* [FIX] Other minor UI issues
Ratings and Reviews
Absolute Must Have Useful App
I originally debated on purchasing this... but I knew how much I wanted something like this for daily use, and after many months I can say without a doubt this was one of the best app purchases I’ve ever made! It is one of the few apps that I honestly use practically daily because I have an entertainment PC hooked up to my living room television and previously had no simple way to control it; this app solves my issue wonderfully and if you have a similar potential use case, you definitely need to grab this app! The customization is great too, I made a “streaming” custom keypad that has one press buttons for each of my major streaming services that auto-launch chrome and go directly to “my queue” on that service’s page; unbelievably convenient!
My one and ONLY complaint is that the desktop portion, which is understandable needed for pairing purposes and is super easy to download and install, is that part does pop a windows “okay to run” type window on PC startup, so unless you leave your PC running all the time, you’ll still need an alternate control device just to approve that windows box (perhaps there is some system level thing that can just set the desktop part of this app to auto-run and allow access at startup without user approval, but I’m not sure). Regardless of that one issue, this app is a no-brainer investment for how much use you will certainly get out of it!
Pretty frickin cool
I found this app after searching for a few weeks for something like it. Reading reviews and comparing capabilities and such. I initially got the free version to see if it did what I was looking for and was greatly impressed with this apps functions and customizable options. It works really well almost identical to a mouse/remote control. Exactly what I wanted.
One downfall which I think is not too bad is that when I finally bought the full version it started to crash, (could’ve also been my internet connection because that later changed) but sometimes it doesn’t want to automatically connect to my MacBook. I don’t mind this too much because I’m not too lazy to just do whatever I need to on my actual laptop if the app is down or maybe updating. But as a paid version I suppose it could be improved (?) I’m pretty laid back on regardless mostly because overall with everything laid out in front of me, I really like this app. It gets the job done and continues to improve anyway so it’s not a big deal.
One last thing. Every time I use this app my friends and family are always amazed that I’m controlling my laptop from my phone. I think it’s great and definitely worth the purchase for the full version.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please help me fix those crashes - drop me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time = Money
The track pad I was considering buying, no longer on the table. This allows me to only need my phone for my mac and other needs. As my TV remote is used for power, volume, and changing sources. I can use less and do more, gives me the freedom to be in another room on the same wifi and play music across my home from my mac. Launching apps like Netflix, or VPNs are a breeze, I can leave my mac closed and do everything as I have been before, but from the comfort of my couch, bed, or balcony. I haven’t found any problems with it besides the keyboard disabling and stopping me from typing, but that doesn’t last more than a couple seconds and I’m right back. Minor inconvenience, but no reason to drop a star. Highly grateful for this app and well worth the money. I’d rather spend a few bucks on an app than spend X amount on a trackpad that I can lose and that adds to clutter.
Developer Response ,
Cool! Thanks so much for your kind words. Recently I have fixed some bugs with keyboard - if you still seeing this problem, please drop me a note to email@example.com, and let's see if I can fix it too.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Evgeny Cherpak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.