Thirty-Two: Black and white and square all over.
Thirty-Two is a simple way to create and share drawings. Other than food and shelter there is no other need more powerful than the need to make small grayscale drawings. Old age is a myth, billions of people throughout history have simply died from lack of drawing in grids.*
Thirty-Two is the solution!§
• Draw anything, as long as it fits in a thirty-two by thirty-two square!
• Kick it 1-bit old school and draw with only black and white, or get ultra modern and use a plethora of grays!‡.
• Duplicate a drawing, now duplicate a drawing!
• Pinch to zoom while drawing, we know your chubby little fingers can't hit the squares you want, we're taking of that. See a little preview of the whole drawing while zoomed in, how cute.
• Toolbar for the undo/redo to make them easier to get to. Didn't want to take three taps to undo something, we're considered two taps, but we decided one tap is best!
• Super symmetrical mode, tap on the dotted line and pick vertical or horizontal so you can start drawing your favorite psychological inkblot tests.
• Select and move pixels, tap and hold the pixels you want to move, tap other pixels to add to the selection, drag around, double tap to put the pixels in their final resting place.
•Linear mode to draw straight lines.
• Share from the app with your friends using sharing extensions. Any app that can share images will work, Mail, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, and any other third party apps that support sharing extensions.
• Share with someone that's close to you, using AirDrop.
• Watch your drawings on Apple Watch!
• Search for your beauteous drawings in Spotlight.
• Dance the hand jive while using Handoff between devices.
Ideas for drawings
• Unflattering portraits of your friends that you post online without their permission.
• Replace the icons on your thirty year old computer.
• Make reproductions of your favorite artist's square, black and white masterpieces.
• Your hipster bike.
• Your hipster glasses.
• Your hipster bird you put on stuff.
• Your hipster watch.
• Your steampunk tophat.
• Your hipster shark.
• Drawings of pets you wished were yours, so that your sad meaningless life had a ray of hope.°
• Illustrate the fourteen stations of the cross.
• Illustrate the twelve signs of the zodiak.
• A taxi-cab.
• An old boot.
• A urinal on it's side, with some letters scribbled on it.
• And literally a couple more things...
*Does not cure old age, athelete's foot or the plague.
§There is no solution, because there is no problem.
‡A plethora in this context means six.
°Users of Thirty-Two are prone to bouts of existential angst.
Now it's easy to sync your drawings. Turn it on and drawings will sync between devices.
Import / Export so you can easily backup and restore archived drawings, or import ones someone shared with you. This is the same format as the spec file when you share individual drawings.
Feature introductions: after you update, if there's a feature we think is a big deal, we'll tell you about it.
Won't accidentally draw when you're zooming in on the canvas.
Undo/Redo is way more reliable, sorry it took so long to get this stable, we had to remove the neat animation when undoing, plan to bring it back in the future.
Select all/Deselect all option in edit mode on the list view.
Lots of reliability and bug fixes.
Other improvements from the previous release:
Better Apple Pencil handling
• Better pressure sensitivity
• Apple Pencil 2 support for tap gesture, respects system settings, swap eraser, last tool or show palette
• When 3D touch or Apple Pencil is available, there is now a separate tool, for pressure sensitivity instead of overriding black
• Setting to ignore touches when Apple Pencil is present
Support for latest iPads
Double tap palette to switch between eraser and last tool
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t get the images on my watch unless I use the photo app which makes this pointless. Some of the features like moving pixels are finicky and don’t work as they should. Things to improve on for the future would be more colors, horizontal and vertical symmetry at the same time, layers, and adjustable canvas sizes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.