- One of Apple's favorite Apple Watch apps of 2018 and 2019!
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
"Best Apple Watch Apps for Health and Fitness" - Forbes
"Best health and fitness apps for Apple Watch" - iMore
- Featured by Apple as *App of the Day* all around the world!
- Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you don't even need your phone while you workout.
- Artificial Intelligence able to create personalized workouts for you, and also suggest changes and updates as you progress.
- Pre-made workouts carefully created by professionals and curated for you.
- Workouts based on which equipments you have.
- Full HIIT Support.
- Full Home Workouts support.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 620 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images.
- Unlock awards as you go through your workouts and hit your goals.
- Voice guidance for HIIT workouts.
- Check all exercises as done to add them to your history.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your week's summary with just your voice.
- Full iPad app, with Multiple Window and Drag and Drop support.
Apple Watch only:
- Standalone Watch app. No need to use the iPhone with you.
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Use Augmented Reality to analyze your students' posture. (A12 device or later is required for this feature)
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your student's routines with just your voice.
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 10 histories and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access unlimited routines, histories, measurements, plus a premium account that syncs all data to our cloud service.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
This is a massive update! We've been working really hard on this and we hope you all like it.
- 330 new exercises! Bringing SmartGym to a total of 620 exercises.
- Many new equipment.
- New pre-made workouts, carefully created by professionals, to improve performance and conditioning in Boxing/Martial Arts and Ultimate Frisbee.
- SmartGym now offers over 130 pre-made workouts, all carefully created by professionals.
- All new History Screen on the Apple Watch.
- Smart Trainer is a lot more powerful. It's able to create even better and more diversified workouts, even if you don't have any equipment at all.
If you like using SmartGym, please consider leaving a review on the App Store. It really helps.
If you experience any issues, or have any question, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Great workout app
I can only speak from an individual using this on my own. If you are self motivated and just need guided exercise as if you had a trainer telling you what exercises to do, this app is for you. I’ve only just started using it but already love it. There are clear explanations in writing, picture, and video. The app tracks all your info and you don’t need extra paperwork or spreadsheets. I’m using it in my home on my ipad. I would think it would be great at the gym with an Apple Watch. I really like how it asks what equipment you have to modify the workouts to fit what you have. I wish it would use items like bosu balls and some other items that I already have. But with this app you can add your own exercises, too, so I will do so. Very reasonably priced. Doesn’t replace a personal trainer, but at the cost of one, this is awesome. This is a great way to keep in shape. Thank you for your hard work in creating this app.
Not A Glitch
Just did my first workout with the app. The only set back I notice was; when not connected to wifi (i.e. offline) I could not update the reps. If I did more or less I could not instantly update. Error message said “app appears to be offline.” Currently, in various workout my reps are not accurate. Fix this issue and it’s an easy 5 stars…
***Update*** The developer did reach out and I thank them for that. As stated by the developer, “ that's not a glitch. You can use SmartGym while offline, but in order to sync your changes to the cloud, you will need an internet connection. It's important to note that it doesn't require it to be Wi-Fi. It can be cellular like 3G, 4G or 5G. If you have an Apple Watch, then you can already do your changes while offline. It will sync the next time your Watch has a valid connection. We're working on a future update to bring this to the iPhone.”
this is a significant set back as everyone does not have an Apple Watch. The app has good features but this minor issue is huge. Not be able to update repetitions while working out offline with my phone is asinine, is like you’re implying get an Apple Watch.
Developer Response ,
Hi Harry, as we've told you via email, that's not a glitch. You can use SmartGym while offline, but in order to sync your changes to the cloud, you will need an internet connection. It's important to note that it doesn't require it to be Wi-Fi. It can be cellular like 3G, 4G or 5G. If you have an Apple Watch, then you can already do your changes while offline. It will sync the next time your Watch has a valid connection. We're working on a future update to bring this to the iPhone app.
The main thing I like about this app is how you can manually add routines and exercises. Most health apps try to do everything for you and often charge monthly so you can have access to automatically created workouts. I already have a great workout routine and I just wanted to be able to easily add my sets, reps, and weight so I don’t have to lug around my notebook. Overall this app works as advertised and is fairly easy to build custom exercises to use in the future. The organization and naming criteria make sense for most of my exercises except for a few movements. Specifically, there is currently no way to group a set of movements into one exercise. For instance, I’d like to make a core circuit which has three different exercises some with sets and reps and some with sets and duration and then be able to specify how many sets of that bundle I need to do. You can kind of do a work around and currently I’ve just been adding the multiple steps to any exercise within the notes section of it. However, I will be asking for this bundle feature to be added.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the kind words and great suggestions! There is a way to group a set of exercises. It's called a superset, which is basically a group of exercises chained together. So, instead of thinking of many movements as one exercise, we think as one group of exercises, or one Superset. To do this is pretty simple. Go to the first exercise of this group and enable the superset toggle. This will connect it to the next exercise. If you have a third exercise, you also need to do this for the second one as well. So, go to the second exercise and enable Superset. You can do this for as many exercises as you want. After you're done, all exercises will be grouped as part of one Superset. When you check one as done, all of the others are also checked. Hope it helped. If you have any other question, feel free to get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mateus Abras
- 50.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SmartGym
- In-App Purchases
- SmartGym Premium+ Yearly $59.99
- SmartGym Premium+ Monthly $9.99
- User Account Monthly $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.