Don't settle for an app that gives you programmed drum-like sounds, use a real drummer for composition, jamming, teaching or your own releases. With Drum Loops HD 2 (as with Drum Loops HD) you have a live drummer right in your back pocket! And in GB he plays exactly at your desired tempo, grooves and fills! In this totally new app: Blues/Reggae/Rock/Bossa/Samba/New Orleans/Fusion and Super Dry Loops (incl. full Audiobus and Inter App Audio support). The ultimate younger brother of Drum Loops HD (released 2013 and frequently updated).
Perfect for, producers, teachers, songwriters……more than 700 loops, fills and samples in 8 new styles in many, many tempi, more fills and loops than ever before!. Copy any loop to any paste equipped DAW and compose your own track with anything you could ask from a studio drummer in no time. If you use GB as your DAW of choice you get an incredible advantage, you can copy a loop or fill into GB and from there on change the tempo anyway you like without losing audio quality and maintaining the feel of the drummer!
* All new styles to complement the earlier release and this time with even more loops and fills
* All loops and fills can be copied as Apple Loops to GB, following tempo changes
* All loops (or fills) can be copied to any other paste equipped daw
* Full drum loop library for anyone making music on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
* Audiobus compatible
* Inter App Audio compatible
* Perfect drummer to play along with when practicing your timing on any instrument (loops loop perfectly in app itself)
* Performed, recorded and built only for IOS
* Many styles in many bpms (check content list)
* Two sounds for all loops,fills and samples in every style and tempo (close miked/close miked + room mics).
* 4/4, 6/8, 3/4 and even 7/8 loops. Uncut, not time stretched, not chopped but actual high end recordings
* Audio quality: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit (cd)
* All loops and fills actually played separately in all bpms, by a living and breathing studio drummer!
Most loops are 2 bar loops (no single bar loop in the app, no repetition effect) and some are 4 bars in length. All loops (except the Super Dry Room chapter which has a distinct 70's sound) come in 2 mixes, close-miked and close-miked plus room mics mixed in (natural room reverb), all in perfect sync.
Every style comes in a wide range of tempos including:
* Blues- 4 loops and 3 fills at 80,100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 and 220 bpm (quarter note in 6/8)
* Rock- 6 loops and 4 fills at tempos ranging from 100-200 bpm, in 10 bpm increments
* Country- 6 loops and 4 fills, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 bpm, plus double time loops in 100, 120, 140, 160 bpm (’train beats’)
* Reggae/Ska- 5 loops and 4 fills at 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 and 150 bpm
* Bossa/Samba- 6 loops and 4 fills at 120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 220, 240 and 260 bpm
* New Orleans Grooves- 5 loops at 100, 110, 120, 130 bpm
* Fusion- 4 loops in 4/4, 3 loops in 3/4 and 2 loops in 7/8 bars, plus 4 fills at 120, 130 and 140 bpm
* Super Dry Room (distinct 70’s sound) a staggering 10 loops and 6 fills at 70, 80, 90 ,100,110, 120,130 and 140 bpm!
* Ending drum fills recorded in both rooms, 3 in the big room and 4 in the dry room to make the live played drum track complete! (live ending fills and breaks)
* 2 drum kits fully sampled in both rooms for adding stuff to grooves, changing them or adding samples to fills, full complement of samples at multiple dynamic levels.
Drum Loops HD 2 is based mostly on user feedback of Drum Loops HD early adopters. Styles were requested by many and cover new grounds that were left out in the first app (size issues). In combination with Garageband or any other DAW this is the ultimate live drummer to work with and you can study or teach with him too, wherever you are!
See this app in action here: www.drumloopshd.com (support site with trailers)
Also you will find DAW specific instructions on this page.
New Orleans Grooves! (to be used in that style or in other stuff...:-)
Cheers, Hans Eijkenaar
Ratings and Reviews
Decent, but needs clock synced playback functionality...
If you're making an app for iOS musicians / producers, then it absolutely must be able to work with Audiobus and have clock-synced playback functionality - at the very least - as copying and pasting to another app is simply tedious and unnecessary when things like IAA, core MIDI & the new Ableton Link not only exist now, but have become standard in every other music production app.
I would love to give this app a better rating, but with such limited features any sparse selection of genres of loops I really can't.
Eagerly awaiting an update...
Add ECM Jazz loops
The app is ok but can get better by adding more kinds of Jazz drum loops like ECM Straight 8s and Afro-Cuban jazz beats.
A big reason musicians download apps like Drum Loops 2 is because we want to work on our time. As a jazz piano player working on swing is extremely important. The reason I'm disappointed is because there are NO jazz/swing loops. The disappointment comes because the original Drum Loops DOES have jazz tracks. So when I am trustfully spending $10 dollars on a product I expected it to be better, not worst.
I would be happy to write a great review if this were fixed because I think the app has a lot of potential.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.