The official Ikon Pass app connects you with adventure worldwide. Designed exclusively for Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass holders, this app is your tool to make the most of your season on and off the mountain.
Manage Your Pass
- See your days remaining and blackout dates
- Choose favorite destinations and set preferences
- Keep track of exclusive deals and vouchers
- Manage your profile, pass photo and more
Amplify Your Adventure
- Track stats like vertical, run difficulty, max speed and current altitude
- Track activity on Apple Watch
- View weather and condition reports before you go
- Find your location on the destination map
Connect With Your Crew
- Create daily friend groups to message, compare stats and track each other’s locations
- Challenge the Ikon Pass community on the Leaderboard
Note: This app uses HealthKit and location services for tracking and replaying your runs on the trail map. Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app! There are a few things that can be worked on though. Adding a buddy to the tracking system so we can track each other didn’t seem to work for us. The last thing that would be helpful is the fact that a lot of mountains require us to make reservations, it would be nice if we could reserve days at certain mountains on the app instead of having to go to the website. Maybe both of these things can be completed with ease and we just messed it up. Anyways the app is amazing and so is the Ikon Pass! Worth every penny for a skier or boarder.
Good when you've got coverage, useless otherwise
The app does a solid job at what it aims to do when you've got mobile data coverage, but it will do essentially nothing (other than continue to track your movement) if you don't have coverage. This means that if you're somewhere without coverage (many if not most places in a ski resort) and want to look at a map, you can't. You also can't start tracking (even without sharing your location with others) without coverage. Since I don't track myself the whole day (for phone battery reasons), the app is generally non-functional 80% of the time I want to use it due to not having cell coverage.
Caching the list of resorts and maps for offline access would solve this problem. Additionally, allowing users to start tracking without coverage should be quite feasible.
The app is 80% of the way there in terms of functionality but only 40% of the way there in terms of real-world usability. Realizing the remaining 60% is not hard though.
The latest edition is awful
Someone changed the logic so it doesn’t work unless you have an active internet connection so they can track you. All other skiing apps will let you load a map from your phone’s memory and track you via GPS until you get to the lodge and may be in wifi or cellular range. Not this app! Even if you have skied the same resort before and have the base map stored in your phone, this app won’t start your tracking session unless they can connect to the IKON servers to they can send you ads and collect your marketing information. Did you forget to start the app until your at the top of the chair? Too bad. You don’t get credit for any runs you did in the back bowls. Skiing a new place with friends? The app needs 2 minutes to collect that marketing information from your phone before you can start your session or join theirs. It’s ridiculous, especially considering I have two other apps that always start immediately.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alterra Mountain Company
- 248.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019-2023 Ikon Pass, Inc.