Illinois Tollway 4+
Official @ILTollway App
Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
Designed for iPad
Safely and securely pay unpaid tolls or enroll and manage your I-PASS account or Pay By Plate service directly from your smartphone.
- Already miss a toll? No transponder? No problem. Simply add your plate, payment information for up to 14 days after your initial travel to avoid fines and fees. TIP - If you’ve already traveled, be sure to backdate your plate information to reflect your beginning date of travel.
-Are you an I-PASS customer, or looking to enroll? You can now enroll in or manage your account right from the Tollway’s app. You’ll receive account notification, and will be able to manage your entire account online. Get started today!
- Renting or Borrowing a Vehicle? If you’re in a rented, borrowed or temporary vehicle without an I-PASS or E-ZPass transponder, Pay By Plate is right for you. Simply enter the plate, payment and dates and times of travel within 14 days of your initial travel and you’re all set.
- Already a Pay By Plate customer? Login right from the app to manage your service. Simply download the app and log in today!
Improved performance for managing I-PASS and Pay-by-Plate.
Ratings and Reviews
Far better than the website
I wish I had known about this app sooner. The actual website is poorly designed and kind of frustrating but this app does everything perfectly.
**I use an I-Pass** Most of the negative reviews seem to be about the pay by plate system itself or other toll problems which is not the app’s fault. To be fair, the pay by plate system is garbage. You have to either know exactly which plazas you went through (are you supposed to write them down while driving??) or you have to wait for an invoice with a fine.
Impossible to access anything
I have a account already but was forced to make a new account under my wife’s name because I can access mine to update anything. I’ve changed my password still nothing. I’ve called to many times to count but I can never get through. So after several attempts to create a account I finally did I think. I cannot input my vehicle information right now it just keeps sending me back to the beginning of the section for adding a vehicle. I hope I can when my transponders come in the mail. I’m not one to complain but it’s been like this for years. That’s why I just pay the bill when I get it in the mail. I’m sure someone who runs this department just figures the state makes more if they don’t fix the issues because they make millions in late fees and higher fees for not having a I pass. It’s a win win for them. Just another reason how Illinois is poorly ran and operated.
The app sent me a message saying that my card was declined. I added a different card, set it as primary and received another message that my card was declined (not sure if it was the new card or the previous card).
I crossed the tolls twice, I was waiting to pay them both at once-maybe the app doesn’t do that. I have not seen the second one come thru yet (I know it might take some time). So I waited to pay the first one just to see if I can take care of it at once… all fine and good. Except… when I open the app it says that I have a pending charge, but if I click on ANYTHING else (like my payment options), the pending charge disappears and I cannot get back to it unless I close the app and reopen it. So frustratingly annoying!! You’d think they’d get that glitch figured out!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- 61 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright State of Illinois