Turn your iPad into an MPC with more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow.
Need help? Have an issue or question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iMPC brings the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily. With features including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats, the possibilities are endless. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners
- Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Effects include delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note - 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from hundreds of compatible apps
Check out our other apps in the MPC Collection: iMPC for iPhone and iMPC Pro 2. Happy music making!
Here's a full list of all of the bug fixes and performance improvements included. If you're happy with this update, please leave us a review. :) If you have questions, feel free to email our support team at email@example.com.
New in this version:
- Tap Tempo, "Clone and Edit Sound", and sequence number labels are no longer cut off on some iPad/OS combinations
- Fixed crash in news feed when scrolling through SoundCloud Following list
- Fixed crash when disabling the Bitcrusher
- Users are no longer able to attempt a SoundCloud upload with no track name (error 422)
- Fixed bug in which sometimes tracks were uploaded to SoundCloud as Private when Public was selected
- Fixed infinite spinner over news feed button that happened sometimes
- "More Compatible Apps" menu now functions properly again
- Green SoundCloud success checkmark no longer appears when the SoundCloud upload has failed
- Fixed blank screen that could occur when going to and from the sampler in Program Editor
- MIDI is not sent out to other software running in the background on the iPad when pads are hit
- Various small tweaks here and there
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Potential but could be better.
I use this app for skeleton tracks while I’m on the go for various groups that I play drums for. I haven’t had a lot of problems with this app but, the problems I do have are my pet peeves. It’s excellent for 4/4 timing but there are some songs I have to do odd timing. Also it seems to be crashing to my home screen sometimes.
I hope the developers are still making updates and bug fixes because it would be nice to be able to use any time signature I want and need instead of just common time 4/4.
I don’t usually write reviews, but felt compelled to review this app after using it many times.
While using the app, it will frequently crash to the home screen on my iPad.
While making a beat, I have begun to notice that the app will sometimes rearrange my hits without me doing anything. It is safe, it just has a mind of its own to change my heads.
On the iPhone version that I have, the tempo of my beat is much faster when the headphones are unplugged, even though I have not change the tempo. The correct tempo will play when the headphone jack is in use. This does not happen on my iPad.
These features impair some of the functionality. I cannot recommend this app until more bug fixes improving use.
Additionally, I’m not sure whether the app will allow importing tracks from device to device. I had to remake all of my beat on my new iPad because I could not figure out a way to export them from my iPhone, and import them into my iPad.
Crashes often & exports glitchy audio
I had a big problem exporting audio files - all of the sequences were glitchy and some had chunks of audio missing. Therefore there’s no good way of exporting audio files to a DAW. If the developer could please fix these two issues, the app would be a lot better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.