Music Notation is easy and fun when you use iWriteMusic!
Have you ever been frustrated by Music Notation Apps because
“They are too complicated to learn?" or “It takes forever to finish writing?” We've been challenging to resolve those issues since we started making iWriteMusic in 2010.
Check out 7 reasons to choose iWriteMusic.
1. You can understand this app almost instantly!
Because of Truly Intuitive and Extremely Simple user interface, you barely need to read pages of manuals nor watching numbers of instruction videos. You just have a few things to learn to be able to use this app pretty well.
2.Double your productivity with our Highly Efficient Input System.
If you’re already familiar with notation apps and looking for faster & more efficient entry system, try our innovative One-Flick Entry System along with Traditional Entry System to get your job done in no time!
What is Traditional Entry System?
- The choices will appear with ToolBox.
- Select a value and the location separately.
- Recommended to those who are not yet familiar with any music notation apps.
What is OneFlick Entry System?
- The choices will appear when you touch the screen.
- Select a location and the value at once.
- The selection will change as you slide your finger to left/right.
- Recommended to those who are familiar with music notation apps and looking for faster and more efficient entry system.
3. Creates beautiful sheet music
- absolutely professional quality!
- rich options for page layout adjustment
- easy parts creation
- easy score/parts management
- direct print-out via AirPrint
4. Supports most of major notation elements
- multi-track writing
- multi-voice writing
- percussion/drums notation
- chord symbols and lyrics
- multi-bar rest
- time change
- key change
- clef change
- tempo change
- grace note
- articulations and dynamics marks
- easy song transpose
- partial transpose
and many more!
5. Useful playback options for practice
- mixer with solo, mute and voice select
- loop and swing options
6. Data & sheet music sharing
- exports/Imports iWriteMusic data file
- exports PDF or JPG
- exports Standard MIDI
7. Extremely Compact Size (15 MB)
You can save your device storage space
for photos and other apps.
Version 3.0 supports:
- Slide Over (on capable iPads only)
- Split View (on capable iPads only)
- adaption to bigger screen
- redesigned navigation
- built-in keyboard + One Flick entry
- customizable favorite tools
- improved One Flick entry
- improved score/parts management
- improved page layout settings
- x/16 time signature
- 64th note/rest
- more mixed triplets
- The response of playbacks and drawing may vary and may be limited depends on the device capability, numbers of tracks and the apps running in background.
Some improvements on file sharing with other apps.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fantastic! Updates Keep Coming
3/9/18 - Once again, another great update. Developer has made this even better. It hasn't left my iPad since it came out and was the first app I put on my latest iPad. (Previously, and still true) Perfect for my use with various folk musics. Valuable tool for copying poorly reproduced, and old (ancient) sheet music. Updates increase its value for me. (Previously, and still true) I have used this app for a while now. It has not left my iPad since I bought it when it first came out. Each version has been an improvement. I requested support using ornamentation and it happened. I like that I can transcribe with ease, and can immediately hear when a "fat finger" mistake has occurred. Plus midi! Received many compliments with the results. Highly recommended!
iWriteMusic is great!
I learned “computers” when DOS ruled the world. (Hang in there, I do have a point.) Back then only an IDIOT would go more than five minutes before hitting the “SAVE” command. SURE, “iWriteMusic” will crash periodically, but if you know that, and the program/app is as great as this “iWriteMusic” app? DEAL WITH IT!!!!! Adjust! I seriously doubt that you will find a better program anywhere that has this much power.
I do have one issue that currently frustrates me. I have almost 700 iWriteMusic files stored in the cloud, and - at the moment - I have NO way of importing them back into the iPad app. Everything was working FINÉ (pun intended) until the last couple iPad System “Upgrades”. THAT was when those programs could not be reloaded. Prior to that I would up and down load them - some of them - weekly.
More Than Notes On Paper!
What a help to have a portable, easy-to-use music writing platform that lets me hear just what I have written, with the instrumentation I want and with the parts (not the voices within a part) balanced for loudness throughout. For live performance, professional-looking separate part sheets are generated automatically.
Though verbal tempo marks are ignored, numerical tempo can be changed at every measure. So to sing a wedding solo with organ in a venue without an organ, I copied out the organ part, writing out the rubato explicitly, and handed my iPad to the disc jockey. No one knew!
Dynamics require two or more staves per part, unfortunately, and the staff for a seldom-used instrument has to extend throughout the score. Maybe fixing this in a nine-dollar app is too much to ask.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.