Create quick, professional estimates and invoices, accept payments, and manage projects from anywhere!
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that helps you SAVE TIME, WIN MORE JOBS, and STAY ORGANIZED.
► CONTRACTORS LOVE JOIST
• SAVES TIME - Complete work at the jobsite or in the truck, rather than spending your evenings and weekends catching up on paperwork after a long day
• WIN MORE JOBS - Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot
• REMOVE THE BOTTLENECK OF ESTIMATING & INVOICING - Build estimates and invoices quicker by creating and selecting from your list of commonly used materials and labor rates
• ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM CLIENTS - accept Credit Card and E-Check payments from your clients directly through Joist, so you can stop wasting hours driving around to pick up checks and deposit them at the bank
• EASILY MANAGE CLIENTS - Create, organize, and store valuable client info, so you can access their info anytime, on the go
• LOOK PROFESSIONAL - Show your clients that you’re the contractor they should trust for the job; with customized, professional looking estimates and invoices
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Accept Credit Card and E-Check Payments directly through the app
- Build a list of commonly used items/services/materials
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
- Print or email estimates & invoices on the spot
- Create a personal message for your clients
- Convert estimates into invoices
- Keep track of customer payments and how much you're owed
- Manage and save your clients information
- Set your tax rates
- Export everything into your accounting program (reduce bookkeeping costs)
*Access all your info from any device or the web - Joist is a cloud application
► WHO USES JOIST
All types of contractors, estimators, and service companies use the app, such as: general contractors, handymen, electricians, plumbers, builders, landscapers, roofers, painters, carpenters, heating and air conditioning, flooring, siding, tile, concrete, paving, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, renovators, deck builders, drywallers, pest control, and more!
► WHAT OTHER CONTRACTORS ARE SAYING
"Now I can do quotes on the fly I don't have to walk through the job and write everything down its all programmed in to my iPad right from material cost to cost per square foot! This app is so awesome."
"This app is better than any pc software I have ever wasted money on. And the kicker is joist is free"
► IN-APP PURCHASES
You can subscribe to Quickbooks Sync Monthly for $9.99 US, Quickbooks Sync Annual for $90.99 US, JoistPro Monthly for $11.99 US or JoistPro Annual for $119.99 US. Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at the purchase confirmation. Monthly and annual subscriptions will automatically renew after 30 or 365 days for the prices listed above, respectively, and account will be charged within 24 hrs of the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hrs before the end of the current subscription period. Subscriptions can be managed in App Store or iTunes account settings after subscribing. Unused portions of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Joist is FREE to Download and FREE to use - available on iPhone, iPad, & the web.
Contact our live support team anytime!
In-app live chat
Terms of Service: https://www.joistapp.com/terms
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements
The Joist Team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A level head
So im a small town handyman. I’ve had joist since nearly their beginning and now. . . Long after their “update” that started billing. It was dirty to me at first but you could still use 90% of the app for free, so I kept using it. It still had all my clients on it. It still had my entire billing history on it. It had all my tasks and all my billing info. And dates, locations.. yup, all there. I started thinking that an accountant would charge me a fortune to keep all that, or search it easily when needed, or how valuable it was to have every task and the caveats that would arise at my fingertips as long as I’d billed at least once for the, and I paid for the year. The extra long hold on the first few transactions is them checking and double checking and triple checking all data before they involve your money. I say thank you. At around the fourth or third, I started getting my payments in two days at midnight of the second. And that was many many payments ago. And it shows at the bank that it is pending on the first of the two.
So pay the paltry fee and use the easiest app around for billing. They deserve something. I’d give them one hell of a deal if they needed my services. And it’s the only app Ive ever rated 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for being with us over the years and for describing your experience with the app in detail! Glad to hear everything is running smoothly and I hope you'll be with us for many more years to come!
Joist now charges
Justin nailed it right on the head. Well said my friend. How can we trust a company who out of nowhere decides to charge me for something I've been using to run my small business for years? If I was never offered these amenedies from the beginning, I would not have a problem... In my eyes it's no different than this scenario.
If I saw someone walking to work every day in the snow and I offered them a free car to use for 5 years, then at the start of the 6th year I said you can still use the car but you have to start paying me a monthly fee. If you don't like it, you can still use the car but I'm taking two of the tires, the steering wheel, and the headlights. This is what I feel is happening with the joist app right now. I asked numerous times when I first signed up " there will never be a fee in the future right"?
Again and again I was told nope, this is totally free. I feel my business would look unprofessional if I uprooted my estimate and invoicing software out of the blue.
I hope the joist team reconsiders this move as I've loved the app since day 1.
Good app, terrible service
Joist has no business being in business. They can’t do ANYTHING right. You can’t actually talk to customer service, you can only chat with them. They never do anything they say they will do unless you ask several times over and over. When I wanted to set up payment receipts from joist, it took them 6 weeks to fix a problem in their end. Not only that, but I had to contact them 3 times to get it done. Every time I contacted them it was as if the previous person I “spoke” to never put in a request to have it fixed. Recently, the last straw. They advertised Joist Elite Pro as if it is available for all devices. It wasn’t until after I paid for it that I realized that it isn’t available for iOS or windows. They told me that AFTER I paid for it. I requested a refund and they said they would submit the request. More than one week later, still no refund. They have no idea what they are doing. When I requested the refund again today, I was told that the payment team only worked during business hours and that they would reach out to me on Monday. BS!! I’ll be disputing the charge with my credit card company and joist will never get another dime from me. Use the free version if you want, but DO NOT give them your money. They are dishonest and incapable of providing solutions to the problems they cause.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, very sorry to see you feel this way. I followed up with you directly through email to help with this situation and I look forward to hearing back from you.
- Joist Software Inc.
- 173.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Joist Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Joist Pro Monthly $11.99
- Quickbooks Sync Monthly $9.99
- Joist Pro Annual $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.