The KATC Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
*Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
*In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
*New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
*Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
*Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
*Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
Ratings and Reviews
I kept checking this app during hurricane Barry and the wind speed forecast was accurate for my area (25-35mph) Sat-Sunday. Rain forecasting is dependably spotty at best
Although hurricane Barry was not much but a trop storm, people are still shell shocked from the floods of 2016 causing quite an emotional stir. Parents in BR went to a hotel, better than leaving their home in chest deep water in 2016!
Once was a daily used app. Not any more
I like the follow me function
I don’t like the high temp in red on a red background. Needs help
I miss the older apps. This on takes to long to load.
UPDATE. After years of using this app Its now deleted. To many issues. Not user friendly
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.