The WAFB Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Since the latest update have been having intermittent issues with app freezing when trying to open. Looks like it needs another bug update
They make fun of other weather apps
When I click on this app, I have to look at a picture of the channel 9 weather folks before I get the weather. Then I get to look around ads for the weather. A notification box comes up on the screen of my phone, but when I click on it I get to wait until something that looks like weather loads. Usually I’m unable to find out what the notification was because it’s a video that won’t load, not that I want to wait to see that any way. This station has a commercial that talks about the folks in Atlanta and how they don’t know our weather. But when I click on that app, the weather comes right up. I don’t have to look at the icons of the channel 9 weather crew. Imagine that. I’m very disappointed with this app.
App Freezes Too Much 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎
I can’t find my last review so that I can downgrade it.
I am sick and tired of this formerly good app freezing on a regular basis. It has gotten to the point that I have also downloaded a rival station’s (WBRZ’s) weather app so that I can have a dependable, local weather app. I’m about at the point of deleting WAFB’s weather app freezes so much that has become trash. The only reason that I haven’t done so yet is that I keep hoping that the app will be updated to correct this malfunction. I am beginning to wonder if the person in charge of this is asleep at the wheel.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.