WHAT IS KETO?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, moderate protein, low-carb diet that causes ketones to be produced by the liver, shifting the body's metabolism away from glucose and towards fat utilisation.
According to over sixty randomized controlled trials carbohydrate restriction is the most effective weight loss tool due to its appetite suppressing effects. The benefits of healthy low carb eating extend beyond weight loss and the ketogenic diet has been used as adjuvant treatment for several health conditions.
The KetoDiet app is not just about losing weight at any cost; it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle. KetoDiet will help you follow a whole foods based approach and include healthy fat sources like olive oil, fatty fish and pastured meat in your everyday diet.
KetoDietApp.com is one the top low-carb websites. Millions of people visit us and our Facebook support group will help you get started and find answers to your questions.
WHY IS KETODIET BETTER THAN OTHER APPS?
- We don't rely on crowdsourced nutritional data. Nutritional data in KetoDiet are based on accurate, verifiable sources, rather than user-generated contributions or other unreliable sources. For branded products we automatically eliminate unreliable or incorrect nutritional facts.
- No scraped internet recipes that never work. All our recipes are developed by our passionate recipe developers who specialise in ketogenic living. They’ve trialed and tested each recipe to ensure you get the best results at home.
- We keep all your data private - KetoDiet is not a 'free' app in exchange for your data.
- Free content added daily including recipes, expert articles, and more.
KETODIET - THE #1 KETO DIET APP
- Includes 350 exclusive low-carb, paleo & primal recipes
- Over 1,200 recipes from our integrated keto blog
All our recipes include accurate nutritional facts, precise recipe steps and can be cloned and customised.
- Intuitive macronutrient keto calculator will help you determine your ideal food intake
- Sync all your data between multiple devices across platforms by signing up for a free KetoDiet account
KETO TRACKER & PLANNER:
Track & plan your keto meals with our intuitive diet tracker. Create your personalized low-carb diet plan with:
- Any of the included meals
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Branded products with barcode scanning
- Restaurant meals
Track every aspect of your keto diet progress:
- Weight & body fat
- Body stats & measurements
- Carbs & other macronutrients
- Water intake
- Mood and energy
- Blood, urine and breath ketones
- Blood glucose
- Blood lipids
- Daily activity tracking
KETO DIET GUIDE:
The KetoDiet approach thoroughly explained & backed up by scientific references. Discover the science behind the ketogenic diet, and find out what ketosis is. Learn why this dietary approach works best and what to eat and avoid on a keto diet.
- Sync your data with Apple Health
- Create your own ingredients
- KetoDiet includes an intuitive shopping basket to help you manage your shopping
- Quickly switch between measurement units
- Merged Settings & Help into a single section
- Added nutritional data trust / accuracy indicators
- Added Exclusive Offers section
- Fixed iPad portrait layout issue
- Improved search results
- External links now open in the app
- Added 'About us' section
We love updating KetoDiet with new content and features to help you achieve your goals.
You can help us do even more by rating KetoDiet on the AppStore.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lots of Potential
Pros: It comes with a decent number of accessible keto meals including ingredients and instructions. The recipes are delicious! It helps to calculate your dietary needs based off of your measurements, weight, and activity level.
Cons: It has a very limited amount of food items to choose from in the Quick Meal option. If you aren’t plugging in one of their recipes for your intake, it can be a real pain trying to input and calculate what you’ve consumed. Not only is it difficult to find what you’ve eaten in their search menu, but not all of it is correct. Forget trying to specify something like roasted broccoli, or finding accurate information for something like a tall cappuccino from Starbucks. I’ve never had these kind of issues in My Fitness Pal, and I used the free version. You also can’t import recipes from the internet like on MFP, not that I know of at least.
Overall: If you are new to keto, or trying to pick up the diet again, then I completely recommend it! I think there is definitely room for growth, but this app really does make a huge difference! Using it this time, it makes the transition much smoother! Yes, it’s 6.99, but really that’s nothing.
Love this App!❤️❤️❤️
This app worked for me, lost 30 pounds! The app has everything you need to get started with the Keto diet if you are a beginner and is also great if you are a seasoned Keto person. What was and has been extremely useful to me is the Macros tracking. This feature has made it easy for me to keep up with how much I am eating of fat, protein and carbs and well as my calories for the day. Again, this is great for people who are new to Keto. The ability to add my own meals is a great feature and being able to log a meal from the recipe tab has been another good feature in the app. The recipes are endless and easy to make. With new recipes being added regularly. There are recipes the app provides and well as recipes from the blog link. I have also tried recipes from the developer’s Keto books.
I found the app useful when I first started the Keto diet. The app made it very easy to make the transition to Keto. I was happy to pay the one time fee of $8.00, I thought it was reasonable, there are some diet apps that ask for a whole lot more and provide less to the end user. Really glad I got the app, very happy with my purchase.
Love App-Confused by Other Feedback
I used to track food with this app and I do agree with some comments that the units of measure are difficult sometimes to work with and that some calorie/macros could be off (but that seems to be rare), but the recipes are fantastic, especially for those novice cooks that aren’t good with low carb ingredients or substitutions like me. I don’t have the issue with locked recipes-maybe because I have had the app for a while? I haven’t experienced most of what the negative comments are, so I am truly confused. I have made up my own recipes and logged them. I have scanned products with bar codes to enter. I have made shopping lists with ingredients and printed for store. I have followed my macros with every food added. I have also printed recipes, and they print nicely formatted. The Keto Guide was also helpful to understand the core ideas of the keto diet. All-in-all I think this is a great app. Maybe for improvement a ‘report an issue’ button could be added.
- Compumaster Ltd
- 154.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Compumaster Ltd 2012-2020
- In-App Purchases
- Go Premium for 3 months $13.49
- Go Premium for 1 month $5.99
- Go Premium for 1 year $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.