Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on iPad, or use your finger. Bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Add live video to your slideshow and appear right on your slides. Confidently present to your audience from anywhere, in person or virtually, and take turns controlling a presentation in multi-presenter slideshows.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—even on a PC
• Share your presentation publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the presentation with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Create stunning presentations
• Choose from over 40 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start or create a quick draft by starting with a text outline
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Use the built-in camera to add live video right on your slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• Quickly add photos and videos from the Photos app or any of over 700 editable shapes
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions and impressive text and object animations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
Present to your audience
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Present on an external display or projector, or stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Use multi-presenter slideshows to let participants take turns controlling a shared presentation from their own device
• Highlight with Apple Pencil or with your finger while presenting on iPad
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod touch
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, movies, and image files
• Use AirDrop to send your presentation to anyone nearby
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
- Add subtle movement and visual interest to your presentation with dynamic backgrounds that move continuously as you transition from slide to slide
- Select from new animated themes featuring dynamic backgrounds
- Skip or unskip all slides in a collapsed group
Ratings and Reviews
Free the inspector from its popover shackles
Lifelong fan of Keynote here, all the way back to 1.0. It’s clearly still the ultimate piece of software of its kind, but the iPad UI needs to grow up. Limiting the inspector to popovers on everything except the 12.9” iPad Pro is, at this point in time, lazy. The area a slide would be afforded on an 11” iPad Pro if the persistent inspector panel were to its right is more than sufficient already. Compound this with the navigator’s ability to hide dynamically as well as the fact that zooming is so much easier on iPadOS than Mac, and you realize that even smaller iPads might be ok with this approach. Additionally, more advanced and adaptive ways of surfacing inspector-like UIs have evolved in both third and first party apps. A lot of screen real estate would be available to a horizontal version of the inspector, given that slides gravitate heavily toward 16:9 dimensions, while iPads display them on a 4:3 screen and move that ratio even further away from 16:9 due to the space needed for the navigator.
Awesome! But could use a little more features
I’m a college student and keynote is my go-to when it comes to editing my powerpoints during lectures. However, I wish it had more utensils to work with. Mainly just a highlighter (that appears behind the text rather than over the text). Also, it would be nice have folders that you can sort the files into. I use the tabs for now, but I feel like it would be easier to arrange them into folders. Lastly, I would like to suggest being able to star certain slides on the powerpoints. This will help when going back to important slides or knowing which slides I need to study a bit more.
Basic Features Missing
As others have stated, dragging to select would be so much more efficient. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to select and reselect because of multiple layers of objects...and it just never seems to work properly. I instinctively keep trying to use my Apple Pencil to work with, only to scribble all over my work. Also, why is it that when I group objects together, I can’t link them? For example, I have font on top of a shape and want to link them both to another slide, so I grouped them. I have to link both the text and the shape in order for this to work? I’ve probably spent double the time on my project than necessary if the app just offered basic functions. It’s also incredibly frustrating that when I zoom, the toolbar blocks the top of my slide completely, so the only way I’m able to navigate small shapes at the top of my slide is to be zoomed out...but I can’t use my Apple Pencil to navigate the elements of my slide in place of my fingers!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 519.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2022 Apple Inc.