Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of over 40 Apple-designed themes. Easy-to-use tools let you add text, tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions. Add live video to your slideshow and appear right on your slides. Confidently present to your audience from anywhere, in person or virtually, and take turns controlling a presentation in multi-presenter slideshows.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—even on a PC
• Share your presentation publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the presentation with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Create stunning presentations
• Choose from over 40 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Use the built-in camera or a connected device to add live video right on your slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• Quickly add photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser or any of over 700 editable shapes
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions and impressive text and object animations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
Present to your audience
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Present on an external display or projector, or stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Present over video conference and view presenter notes, current and upcoming slides, and slide navigation in a separate window
• Use multi-presenter slideshows to let participants take turns controlling a shared presentation from their own device
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod touch
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, movies, and image files
• Use AirDrop to send your presentation to anyone nearby
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Essential in presenting scientific research with one minor defect
I have recently started using Keynote for my presentations as a substitute for Latex and Powerpoint. While the output in Keynote looks much better compared to the previously mentioned softwares, I have been suffering from a defect which might be happening to other users too. Its regarding dragging objects around on a slide. Lets say I write an equation using Latexit or say copy and paste an image from my computer, it sometimes get “stuck” and won’t move around when selected and dragged around. It will eventually but I have no clue as to the origin of the problem. This is time consuming and annoying while editing presentations at the last minute or in general. I haven’t found a good solution to this problem online. The typical solution suggested is to use coordinates which works but sometimes and more often you would like to place the object according to your liking which is difficult to judge from the coordinates. Compared to Keynote, it is seamless in Powerpoint to drag and drog items. Barring this issue, Keynote is a wonderful software, easy to start with and highly useful in presenting your research anywhere.
Missing a Few Key Features
Great presentation software! The only thing keeping me from switching over from PowerPoint (which I use at work every day) is the lack of a few basic features (which PowerPoint has): (1) The ability to make bullet points within the same text box build-in one at a time, (2) the ability to make letters and lines glow (whatever color you want) with a single click, and (3) the ability to play audio accross a few slides and then end when you click to the next slide. Once Keynote makes these additions to it's functionality I'll switch over from Powerpoint in a heart beat and never look back!
Awesome and free
Ok, This app may often fall under that shadow of the "almighty" microsoft Powerpoint. But it has almost, maybe even as much, maybe even more features than Powerpoint. But you want a simple, easy to understand reason why Keynote is better? Well, Keynote is free. Now how much is Powerpoint? Not 10, not 20, not 40, but 140 dollars. I am not joking. Sure, you could buy office, which is less. But not free. The cheapest plans are 70 dollars a year or a 150 dollars one time purchase, which is even more than powerpoint. But let's move on from the price. Sure, there are reported issues. But they're more annoyances than roadblocks, and I've never actually encountered any of them, except for the having to update thing but all that requires you to do is, well, update Keynote. And, there are complaints for Powerpoint too. So, the conclusion is, Don't buy Powerpoint. Use this for free.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 351.1 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2003-2022 Apple Inc.