KidCheck provides secure children’s check-in systems for churches, fitness centers, activity centers, and child care organizations. KidCheck’s easy-to-use children’s check-in software helps keep children safe, streamline the check-in process, easily track attendance, and provide peace-of-mind with a positive parent and visitor experience.
Check-in features for organizations include:
- Extensive security features including allergy and medical warnings
- Comprehensive reporting, attendance tracking, and ratio trending
- Web based solution with a simple and intuitive interface
- Fast check-in for visiting or existing families
- Ability to print child name labels and guardian receipts
- Built-in parent communication tools
- Free personal support and training including Sunday mornings
Benefits for parents include:
- Free – no cost to set up a KidCheck account
- Designate who is and is not authorized to pick up children
- Upload photos of children and guardians for added security
- Add medical and allergy alerts and notes
- Text message notifications at check-in and check-out, or in case of emergency
- Check-in account can be used at any facility using KidCheck
Fixed issue to allow alphanumeric characters in postal code fields for international users.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t sign into App
I updated my review from 3 start to one. After the first review, hoping someone would try to get in touch with me or fix the issue, I emailed the company. I had a Courtney Maxwell respond to my message asking what email I was using for my account. I responded the same day. I have heard nothing back and I still can not sign into the app. Again tried changing my password, double checking the email, and signed in from a computer.
Original review: I’ve checked everything, tried to change my password, checked if everything was ok from the computer (looks fine) but it will not let me sign into the app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Our developers are now aware of a conflict that prevented users from signing in with their email address when they have a username that's different from the email address. Due to the current configuration, instead of enter your email address or username, it's more like: enter your email address *unless* you have a different username. Our customer support is aware of the issue and can help users get into their accounts if there's a problem with the username until our developers have addressed the problem.
Poor Process Design
The “express check in” from your phone app is not express in any form, and is actually several steps longer than if I just used the iPad check in at my child’s school. I have several issues with the so-called “Express Check In” from your phone:
1. Lack of FaceID login: it is very cumbersome to have to enter my password EVERY TIME I open the app....this is an unnecessary step as the extra security is not necessary, or you should at least be able to opt in to removing this step.
2. Once I log in, rather than landing on the Express Check In, which is the part of the app parents are going to be using on a daily basis, it lands on the profile page, which after initial setup I will never need to use again.
3. Too many steps in the check in process. If the process was to truly be “express” it should be one click and the submit when I get to the school. The check in process is less steps and faster if I was to just wait until I arrived at the school and used the iPad. Having to actually submit the check in once I arrive is especially cumbersome....I mean I am walking in carrying a child and a bag, and now I need to take my phone out of my pocket and submit my “express check in”.
The lack of forethought into the actual check in flow for the parents using this app is incredibly frustrating and I urge you to enhance this process so it is far fewer steps and actually a time saving benefit rather than using the iPad at my child’s school.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We've made some improvements and I'd like to address some of your concerns.
Before you enter your password, you can now select the gear icon next to the Create Account button to enable Save Password. This will make access to the app much easier.
One of the primary purposes of express check-in is to decrease the time that it takes for everyone to get checked in. One way that it accomplishes this is that you can initiate the check-in by logging in, selecting the children and the locations before you even arrive. You can do this before you leave, or when you're in the car. Once you are within Bluetooth range, you can just tap submit - and you're done. Express also reduces congestion at the check-in station.
My husband runs the van ministry at our church and pick up 20-30 children. I check the children in as they get there on the app. It would be a great update to put the children’s names in alphabet order. To choose if you want to put it by first or last name. Also if you add a new child, it automatically goes in alphabetical order. A nice feature would be that you can go back and see a list of who and how many is checked in. I realize this is for families but think about the bus ministries as well.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! I have forwarded along this info to our development team. We do have bus ministries in mind and hope to release some useful features in the near future! Thanks Mommat4u
- KidCheck, Inc.
- 45.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Kurdish, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Nynorsk, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 KidCheck Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.