Experience the brand new KRON4 news app. Get more news, more weather and more video. It's everything you love about KRON4.com right at your fingertips.
KRON 4 is the bay area's news station giving you the latest local news whenever and wherever you need it for the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with KRON 4 news alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps and video
- Stay up-to-date on severe weather and its impact on you
- Plan your commute with updated traffic information
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through Report It
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, Facebook(R) and Twitter(TM)
Squashed bugs, patched leaks, and improved performance throughout the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Absolutely the BEST News Program in the Bay Area!
While visiting friends in Glen Ellen, I enjoyed watching your news program...it reminded me sooo much of our news station back in Hawaii....Because of that, and the fact that I had a great time in Northern California, I decided to add the
app for KRON4 NEWS to both, my IPhone and IPad....that way I’ll always be connected in someway to the Bay Area and to my friends in Glen Ellen.
KRON 4 News App
Overall a clean interface where I can get my daily “news fix at-a-glance.” Ads are not hovering all over the pages, unless you link deeper to other stories. It is frustrating when the news headlines main page dynamically refreshes itself. It hurts my eyeballs, as the headline I was just reading moved to another location on the page, and continues to move unless I click on it to read. Again, this KRON 4 app is good for a quick overview of the day’s headlines.
Notifications mysteriously keep reenabling
The app is good for the most part, but once a week or so I notice that more and more non-important alerts keep popping up in my notifications. I go into the app, and, sure enough, alerts like “Trending Now” are reenabled automatically. I shut them all off except for “News Alerts” and the process repeats itself later. It’s getting very annoying.
I’m still keeping an eye out for a better local news app that doesn’t spam me with superfluous notifications in attempts to harvest more clicks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.