Kuna Smart Home Security is designed to help you prevent break-ins and protect what matters to you most, from anywhere in the world.
Use the Kuna app to setup and control your Kuna, Maximus, and Toucan smart security devices. With a free Kuna account and your Kuna Powered security device connected to your Wi-Fi network, you’ll have access to all of Kuna’s powerful preventive security features.
- As soon as activity is detected, Kuna sends you an alert with the activity thumbnail, so you can quickly see what’s happening and decide how to respond.
- With our exclusive auto-greeting feature, pre-recorded messages, and instant two-way intercom, it’s easy to see and communicate with whoever’s outside, anytime.
- In the event of an emergency, you can quickly sound a 100dBA siren, which is as loud as a motorcycle, or call 911 from the Kuna app. Don’t worry, you will be asked to confirm before calling 911, to prevent accidental calls..
- Stream live HD video and two-way audio anytime, day or night, so there’s no need to wonder what’s going on outside your home.
- Capture activity 10 seconds before and after an event is triggered with Kuna’s proprietary "Smart Detection" technology, creating recorded events that are actually useful.
- Download and share events with law enforcement, neighbors, or family and friends.
- Go “back in time” to rewind and download every event captured for up to 2 hours free, and up to 30 days on an optional premium plan.
- Turn your outdoor light on and off, easily set up a schedule, enable dawn-to-dusk mode, and adjust motion detection sensitivity.
- Use Amazon Alexa to control your outdoor light using voice commands.
Love Kuna? Leave us a review!
Have questions, issues, feedback or want to suggest a new feature? Get in touch with us at:
General Improvements and Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Cameras are finicky
The lights are stylish and I do love the look! I agree with many others, since they did an update the cameras are DEFINITELY slow to load and often freezes (especially compared to before).
The cameras and video are so finicky. Sometimes it captures stuff and many times it doesn’t (naturally when I need it to it fails)
I feel like if I don’t “snooze” the notifications at night I get woken up with alerts all through the night (including because of bugs flying in front of the camera)
Of course because you can only go back 2 hours to review (if you don’t pay for the subscription) you may not have a recording what you need.
I’ve had problems with the lights coming on even though the setting in the app is off and not on motion or I’ve turned them off through the app it comes back on. Plenty of times I’ve just had to flip the inside switch to off. But mostly all the activity that is misses is bothersome and disappointing.
Save your money
These products are unreliable as other reviews have stated. It works fine (though video/audio is very laggy/freezes) and then for no reason the wifi connection stops working. The only way to resolve the issue is to reboot the entire device including reconnecting to the app, reconnecting to the wifi, etc. This is a pain and more trouble than it’s worth. At first I called my wifi provider and they could recognize the other smart devices connected to the wifi but they had no indication that the kuna doorbell was even attempting to try to connect to the wifi. I called kuna support the first time and they just said reboot the whole thing. This solved the issue for about a month then went out again for no reason (all other devices continues functioning as normal, no power outage, nothing). Im tired of paying money for a service whose free version I cant even take advantage of since the smart doorbell is now a dumb doorbell. It just acts like a normal doorbell, cant record or show anything. Also even when it did work, it would ghost ring randomly - it would ring and I’d check the door and check the camera history and no one was there. Thankfully the ringing doorbell doesn’t stress out my dog. Save your money.
I’m a fan…
I’ve had these cameras for over 3 years and they have worked fine. The reality is that you will not find a camera that is plug & play and will never have issues. First, you will need a mesh internet set up (aka - Linksys Velop, Orbi, etc…). Anything else will have a weak set up. When and if the cameras go offline it’s due to a high electro magnetic field within your neighborhood. These days it’s very doable with 5G cell phones. From my experience if it goes offline reset your internet connection by simply disconnecting the internet, waiting a full minute or two and then plugging it back on. if that does not the trick then delete the app and then re-install the app and re-do the the cameras one by one and you’re set to online status. It can be a pain to do but it should work. It has for me the few times these uncertain events do throw the cameras offline. Oh…. Resetting the power to off and then on and then doing the process I stated above also helps….
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kuna Systems Corporation
- 49.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Kuna Systems Corporation