The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, an iOS 7.1+ device and the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter (recommended) or a WiFi OBDII adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. Support for English and Japanese language.
Note: The iPhone 4 and early iPads (2nd Gen) do NOT support Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
Supports new 2018 Leaf
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Pro:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Odometer (miles or km)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm (not yet supported on 2018 Leaf)
* Ambient Temperature
* Displays climate control settings and power used.
* Trip and Charge Log
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
* Dropbox support to sync Log files
* Can run in background while connected to Leaf
LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
When using run in background mode where you enable GPS to run continuously. Please note the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Updated Dropbox Authentication to comply with latest rules.
New 2018 Leaf odometer Setting under Units to specify if CAN odometer is in miles instead of km (US & UK)
Updated Help document to include new Custom Screen drawing and color options.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with one downfall
Love this app. No more distance anxiety.
But no split screen multitasking mode! Slider mode works but it covers part of needed data. I have an iPad mini w/cellular and it would be awesome to have Waze & Leafspy side by side on my iPad mini! Please add this feature. 5 stars if not for that!
This tool paid for itself the day it arrived.
This tool paid for itself the day it arrived. I disabled the backup warning (it had to go) and low speed warning noises. The tire pressure monitor (TPM) is very helpful. It took about 15 mins to get the TPM assigned to the correct corner once I understood the GUI. The assigning process could be much more simple, but it does work fine. I like having the live data from the TPMs. Very useful battery monitoring tools that take some time to understand the data your getting. I found some of the change options under the service screen (if used incorrectly) detriment. The warnings are there and would recommend users heed them or at least proceed with carefully.
Use it all the time, but.....
This is a great app and I use it just about every time I drive my car.
The but is.......I moved to a new area with varied terrain and seasonal temperatures. The miles/kWh isn’t as accurate as I would like when discovering new routes to my destinations. I think it’s because the kWh units are too small (the degraded battery in my 2011 holds less than 14kWh. Instead, I think a GIDs/Mile feature would allow better assessment of various routes, and sections of routes, as I have 200+- of those when starting out. Perhaps a real-time GIDs/Mile reading as well as an average reading would be helpful.
Anyway, thanks for the great app!
The developer, James Pollock, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Pollock
- 15.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 J R Pollock
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.