Learn Grammar has everything kids need to learn all of 1st grade Common Core grammar skills, on their own. 40 step-by-step lessons build a strong understanding of nouns, verbs, sentences, and punctuation.
Lessons feature to-the-point 'read-along' articles paired with smart adaptive practice questions that boost learning and retention. The platform was designed by an ex-Google product manager to enable his girlfriend's autistic son to achieve Common Core proficiency by himself, at his own pace.
The content is so simple and the technology is so effective that even kids with learning disabilities and difficulties decoding text can learn on their own.
• 40 simple ‘read-along’ lessons. Students learn often more quickly than from videos or lectures.
• 'Short beats good' teaching philosophy. Extra words decrease comprehension. Our lessons are as simple as can be for maximum learning potential.
• Effective, adaptive practice. Each student sees a different set of questions. When they make mistakes, the questions change in real-time to maximize learning and minimize frustration, following the ‘spaced repetition’ learning theory.
• Switch between up to 10 password-protected student profiles.
• Teacher View: Keep kids accountable for regular practice with minimal effort. View medals earned per student per day, questions answered, and more. See where students are struggling, and jump in to help.
• Gamification. Medals, progress bars, and uplifting interfaces motivate students to do their best.
• Membership includes full access to all Class Ace apps and lessons.
• Text to speech. Tap on any word or sentence to have it read out loud. Or switch on ’read-assist’ mode. Even kids with difficulties decoding text can learn on their own.
Learn Grammar 1st Grade is developed by a team of veteran teachers, technologists, and student testers working over the last 2 years.
Learn Grammar is a member of the Class Ace family of apps. One subscription unlocks full access to all 15+ Class Ace apps and over 1,000+ lessons across covering K-6 subjects.
• Unlimited access to all Class Ace lessons and all apps covering K-6 Common Core standards starts at $6.99 per month after a 1 week free trail and includes 3 student profiles. Each additional student is $2 per month. One account can hold up to 10 student profiles.
• Cancel Anytime: You won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the trial period.
• Renewal: Auto-renewal may be turned off anytime from Account Settings.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period in account settings. Renewals are charged within 24-hours preceding the end of the current period. Payment is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are managed by the user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Learn Grammar by Class Ace, where applicable.
You can access Learn Grammar without a subscription, but will be limited to 20 free questions per day.
Help & Support
Problems, questions, or want to get in touch?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: https://classace.io/terms
We've improved usability on iPad and simplified new user signup. Happy learning!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent step by step read-along lessons
If you’re looking for an app that can take your child from no knowledge of grammar to complete common core proficiency, with no effort from you, this is the one. My children use this every day now and they’ve learned a lot. I recommend it to any parent.
I love learning and grammar help me to sharpen up . Thanks for this app it’s basic and straight forward. Once you can read you can learn on this app !
- Class Ace LLC
- 47.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Class Ace
- In-App Purchases
- Grammar 1st Grade 3 Students $6.99
- Grammar 1st Yearly 3 Students $39.99
- Grammar 1st Grade - 1 Student $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.