Give your kids everything they need to master hundreds of 4th grade spelling words all on their own. Spelling Ace combines simple, read-along lessons with smart spelling-bee-style adaptive practice questions to make learning 4th grade spelling skills faster and easier than ever before.
The app was design by an ex-Google product manager to enable his girlfriend's autistic son to achieve Common Core proficiency by himself, at his own pace. Lessons are as simple and effective as can be.
• 68 simple read-along lessons. Students can learn by themselves, often more quickly than from videos or lectures.
• Effective, adaptive practice. Each student sees a different set of questions that get harder over time. When they make mistakes, the questions change in real-time to maximize learning and minimize frustration, following the ‘spaced repetition’ learning theory.
• Text to speech. Tap on any word to have it read out loud.
• Auto-play. Sit back and enjoy the whole lesson read to you. Even kids with difficulties decoding text or paying attention can learn spelling skills on their own.
• Switch between up to 10 password-protected student profiles.
• Teacher View: Keep kids accountable for regular practice with minimal effort. Look at charts of useful metrics. See where students are struggling, and jump in to help.
• Gamification. Medals, progress bars, and uplifting interfaces motivate students to do their best.
Watch your child's grades improve with just a few minutes of regular practice.
Spelling Ace was developed by a team of veteran teachers, technologists, and student testers working over the last 2 years.
Spelling Ace is a member of the Class Ace family of apps. One subscription unlocks full access to all 15+ apps by Class Ace and over 1,000+ lessons covering K-6 subjects.
• Unlimited access to all Class Ace lessons and all apps covering K-6 Common Core standards starts at $6.99 per month after a 1 week free trial for 3 student profiles + $2 per additional student profile. One account can hold up to 10 student profiles.
• Cancel Anytime: You won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the trial period.
• Renewal: Auto-renewal may be turned off anytime from your iTunes Subscription Manager.
If your child needs Spelling Ace but you simply can’t afford it, please email email@example.com.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period in account settings. Renewals are charged within 24-hours preceding the end of the current period. Payment is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are managed by the user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Spelling Ace by Class Ace, where applicable.
You can access Spelling Ace without a subscription, but will be limited to 20 free questions per day, and your medals will be lost on leaving the app.
No parent wants to see their child fall behind. Yet over 50% of 4th graders weren't proficient in 4th grade common core standards in the US in 2017. Our own kids were struggling to keep up. We built Learn Spelling for them, and now they are excelling on their own. Your kids can too!
Help & Support
Problems, questions, or want to get in touch?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: https://classace.io/terms
We've fine tuned subscription management and improved performance. Happy learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Great spelling tool for quarantine
I’m a mom and just had a blast doing a lesson with my son. He already learned a few words. The design is awesome. It’s super easy to use, and really focused on learning a lot quickly. The adaptive practice is really cool too. It helped my son really retain what he learned.
Best spelling app for stay at home
This is app is beautiful, simple, and very effective. It teaches spelling as well as vocabulary. My 4th grader has learned a lot already. I recommend it to any parent, tutor, or teacher.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Class Ace LLC
- 46.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Class Ace
- In-App Purchases
- Spelling 4th Grade 3 Students $6.99
- Spelling 4th Yearly 3 Students $39.99
- Spelling 4th Grade 4 Students $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.