Does your child's handwriting look like chicken scratch? If so, give them this app. It has everything kids need to master fundamental handwriting skills, step by step.
Learn Handwriting 2nd Grade features 41 simple lessons that teach writing uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and even whole words with correct spacing and shape, all without pencil and paper. The platform is designed by an ex-Google product manager to maximize learning and minimize frustration. A stylus is recommended as it develops pencil holding skills.
Watch your child's handwriting abilities improve with just a few minutes of regular practice.
The content is so simple and the technology is so effective that even kids with learning disabilities and difficulties decoding text can learn on their own.
• 41 simple step-by-step lessons. Students can learn by themselves, at their own pace.
• Effective, adaptive practice. Each student sees a different set of questions that get harder over time. When they make mistakes, the questions change in real-time following the ‘spaced repetition’ learning theory.
• Text to speech. Tap on any word or sentence to have it read out loud.
• Auto-play. Sit back and enjoy the whole lesson read to you. Even kids with difficulties decoding text or paying attention can learn spelling skills on their own.
• Switch between up to 10 password-protected student profiles.
• Teacher View: Keep kids accountable for regular practice with minimal effort. Look at charts of useful metrics. See where students are struggling, and jump in to help.
• Gamification. Medals, progress bars, and uplifting interfaces motivate students to do their best.
Handwriting 2nd Grade is a member of the Class Ace family of apps. One subscription unlocks full access to all 1,000+ world-class Class Ace lessons across 15+ apps covering K-6 subjects.
• Unlimited access to all Class Ace lessons and apps (including this one) covering K-6 Common Core standards starts at $6.99 per month for 3 students after a 1 week free trial + $2 per additional student profile. One account can hold up to 10 student profiles. Annual memberships are available at a discount.
• Cancel Anytime: You won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the trial period.
• Renewal: Auto-renewal may be turned off anytime from Account Settings.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period in account settings. Renewals are charged within 24-hours preceding the end of the current period. Payment is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are managed by the user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Learn Handwriting by Class Ace, where applicable.
You can access Learn Handwriting without a subscription, but will be limited to 20 free questions per day.
Help & Support
Problems, questions, or want to get in touch?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: https://classace.io/terms
We've refined lesson quality and improved expired membership handling. Happy learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Really simple and effective
My son ran through the lessons very quickly and his handwriting is greatly improved. It’s much better than trying to do this with pencil and paper, and takes the parent no time at all. Love it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Class Ace LLC
- 47.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2021 Class Ace
- In-App Purchases
- Handwriting 2nd - 3 Students $6.99
- Handwriting 2nd - 1 Student $2.99
- Handwriting 2 Yearly 3 Seats $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.